Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimbee View Post
    I like Job. I love my daughter's name, but I do have middle name regret. My husband and I each loved one name, I got my choice as first and therefore gave him the middle, so she's Pearl Elise. Pearl E. That bothers me sometimes. I wish I had just demanded Pearl Susannah like I wanted.
    Awwe, I can see your point with the middle initial, but Pearl Elise is very pretty. I like Elise; it's my daughter's middle name, too! Also, there are not too many times a kid gets called by their first name and middle initial, so not a big worry.
    Last edited by rebekah83; June 29th, 2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.

We love our daughter's name and we don't have any regrets naming her Jillian. We did tell people the name before birth, and had some mixed reactions but it didn't sway us.

I like to hear that strength of mind! Good for you guys.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.

I think Job Marcellus is pretty dang cool

Before we settled on a name for #2, we were leaning toward Harrison (not especially trendy, handsome, non-controversial, good nickname). And though we both liked it enough, it never made my heart leap to think about it. I kept pining for Huckleberry.

Knowing my husband was very reluctant, I told him my biggest fear: That if we didn't go with the special, rare, (some might say indulgent, but hell, let 'em) name that made my heart flutter, I would always regret not having the courage to have done so. That sold him.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm all for going for it with the name you love

Good luck with your decision!
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

Job Marcellus is a strong name. Job is one of my favorite dudes in the Bible. He persistence and everlasting faith is beyond inspiring. The MN after a loved one is equally as beautiful.

My mother still cringes when she says my son's name. She HATES it. Elijah is 3, and she mentioned it just the other day. She was yelling about how much she abhors this child's name. But my husband and I loved it (and still do), and she may kiss our sweet behinds
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry