Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I do have a very unusual name though and even though I got the usual looks and remarks growing up and I still have to correct people on spelling and pronunciation I actually love it. I love the fact that mum put thought in to naming me, I'm named after my Granda who I adore and I'm glad mum was brave enough to use my name despite the funny looks and the pressure from my gran to just call me Kimberly or Kay. [/QUOTE]

I love this story! This is what I'm hoping for with our kids, too.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.

While I absolutely love my kids names (Bennett & Annabelle) I do have some name regret with my sons middles. We We gave him two middles one after my husband, and one after my late father. Both the middles start with J giving him the initials BJ (or BJJ), I don't know if this will ever be an issue for him, as he's only three, but I tend to avoid saying his middles unless people explicitly ask, as I am a little embarrassed of it. It makes me sad because I love using my daughters middle (Molly - my nn as a child), and I don't feel the same about my sons. I will say though, that if I had to go back I wouldn't change it because it meant so much to me to use my recently passed fathers name in the middle spot.

If you love the name Job, you should use it. Every time I think of my kids names (well their firsts anyway!) I smile, which is a great feeling. I have also found in having kids, no matter what you name them, you will get both positive and negative reactions when people first hear the name. Everyone's preferences are different, & even if you named him Jacob, you would still get some people who would just reply "Oh", when hearing the name, so you might as well pick a name you love, and just hope your child loves it as they grow up too!

I've never had any name regret, but I understand those who do. It is incredible hard to name a baby!
    Personally, I love unique names. When I named my oldest son Drake, most people here in the US said it was a cool name and stuff like that. My friends back in Sweden though (I'm half Swedish, half American) didn't say anything positive though. We recently welcomed another son, Skandar. Most people just said "okay....." or "oh.." when we said what we were going to name him. Everyone loves it now though

Go with Job. It's the name you like and that's all that matters. People will get used to it.
    Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas

Job Marcellus is such an awesome name, seriously. I'm so happy to see Job being used, my DH doesn't like it so I will never have a chance to use it.

I've never had name regret but after my DD was born it took me a while to fill out the official paperwork because I was scared about the commitment. Even though it was her name, and it is perfect for her, having it being 'official' was scary but once I'd done the paperwork I didn't think about it anymore.

Also, not name regret but me & DH keep deciding on a combo for one gender then the next day we would second guess it and notice all of the flaws about it then change our minds and start again. Heh, we'll get there eventually.

Good luck!
    Senia Hero: 21/03/11
    Apolline Ever: 05/09/13

[QUOTE=bennettsmom;1941384]While I absolutely love my kids names (Bennett & Annabelle) I do have some name regret with my sons middles. We We gave him two middles one after my husband, and one after my late father. Both the middles start with J giving him the initials BJ (or BJJ), I don't know if this will ever be an issue for him, as he's only three, but I tend to avoid saying his middles unless people explicitly ask, as I am a little embarrassed of it. It makes me sad because I love using my daughters middle (Molly - my nn as a child), and I don't feel the same about my sons. I will say though, that if I had to go back I wouldn't change it because it meant so much to me to use my recently passed fathers name in the middle spot.

I think you did the right thing with the middle names! Hope you don't feel embarrassed anymore! It sounds like the name is handsome and meaningful, and I'm sure your son will appreciate it as he grows. I love that you smile when you say your kids' names. THAT is awesome.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.