Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yes, I have taken it. Unfortunately, no, I did not get pregnant.
    The stuff I took was a tincture and tasted terrible!
    Clomid didn't work for me either.

I took Vitex for about 3 months before I conceived Rowan. I had just gotten off BC and my periods were totally out of whack, I would go 3-4 months with no period, and then have a super heavy one that lasted 12+ days. When I started the Vitex, I hadn't had a period in months and within 2 weeks I had a normal period. And I continued to have a normal period until I got pregnant, and still have a pretty regular cycle. I don't know if I got pregnant *because* of the Vitex or just because we weren't preventing it. Either way, I highly recommend giving it a try if your cycles are irregular and you're TTC. I don't have any experience with Clomid, but something tells me Vitex is way less costly and easier to get. It's worth a shot.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I know it sounds like a silly infomercial, but it's true: I go pregnant my first cycle taking Vitex.

It could have been coincidence, of course. But here's the facts: we stopped NFP-to-avoid-pregn in Sept '12 and were in the NTNP mode for 2 months. In Nov '12 after having a confusing cycle and possibly even a chemical prgncy, I started tracking my cycle again to 'try'. After a few more months of nothing, and more closely examining my cycle and talking with my mom and sisters about their cycles and fertility, I started to get concerned that perhaps my progesterone is low (tendency in my family with a mom with a history of cysts and a sister diagnosed with PCOS, plus various details observable in my own cycles). So starting some Vitex and B6 seemed the simplest, least invasive/lack of side effects way to try to modify that potential issue. I started b6 middle of Feb '13 and Vitex at the beginning of March '13. And we got pregnant in March.

Again, this could all be a coincidence...7 months to conceive is within the normal realm of fertility, and perhaps my low progesterone concerns were just ttc paranoia. However, I will say that I kept taking Vitex thruout the first trim. and will try it again in the future if my cycles are weird.

I think natural is the way to go. Does anyone know if the ebook at Pregnancytechniques.com teaches about soy as one of their secret methods?

I've had sort of the same experience - I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own, and have extremely irregular cycles without intervention (2 or so a year). I did vitex in the past with little success, but I also wasn't taking it consistently and was coming off of BC and everything was extra wonky. Since then, I've done cycles at 50mg and 100mg of Clomid, and ovulated on both, but late - between CD 22-25. I had rough side effects from the Clomid, so I took a break from it and have been doing vitex, acupuncture, and yoga for the past few cycles. On the plus side, I've been ovulating on it, on the negative side, it's still later than I would like (CD 21/22). Still, I believe that it works since I am ovulating on it and I normally don't on med-free cycles. For people with fewer ovulation challenges than me, I really do think it's a good thing to try. I am going to stop it though and switch to 150mg Clomid next cycle in hopes of moving ovulation up. Fingers crossed it works for you!
    TTC our first little one beginning December 2013!

Lucia - Linnea - Caterina - Linley - Camille
    Leo - Olin - Matteo - Emilio - Emmett

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~