Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Hi Blade! If I can be a fraction of the help to you that you have been to me, I will be a happy Sessha indeed

I seem to love all of the names you didn't bring up, actually! Cosima and Theophane are my absolute favorites with Antoine Raphael. I also love Everild, Meriel, Myrrine, Mariam, and Noor, but I'm not sure they pair as well. These are my thoughts on the approved list:

Aquila - I forsee a lot of pronunciation issues with this one, and I was never keen on alliteration. I do love her strength and quiet ferocity.
    Cassiane - cass-ee-AHN-ee is beautiful, but I also feel this will be misread as Cassie-Anne. I like how the AHN softly echoes Antoine.
    Chrysanthe - bit of an odd couple with Antoine Raphael, but I could see Chrysanthe Noor.
    Photini - I'm with Emms on the radioactive cocktail situation...it also makes me think of an electric blue swimsuit...you know, bikini, tankini, monokini, Photini...
    Panagia - I rather hated this one until I looked up the pronunciation...pah-nah-YEE-ah is lovely, but not at all intuitive. I saw that it is also transliterated Panayia, which I think is much more accessible.
    Verity - another odd couple with Antoine Raphael, though definitely one of the more unique and charming virtue names. Your pick or Hubby's?
    Kyriake - I think this name is gorgeous but far too angular and sharp-edged next to the lilting Antoine Raphael
    Anastasia - Ant-two no kidding! A bit too similar to Antoine, don't you think?
    Philippa - While definitely harmonious in the sibset, she's become quite the fad what with Kate's sister and all. Does that bother you?
    Thalassa - A personal favorite, stands up well to her brother's name. I seem to recall, however, that this is not one of your favorites. Perhaps I am thinking of something else.

If you're still taking suggestions, I have a few meager offerings, all saints:
    Saethryth
    Zenaida - love the physician connection
    Philonella - same as Zenaida
    Casilda
    Euphrosyne - there are several female saints by this name, and it's so beautifully unapologetically Greek! I also love the flow with Antoine Raphael
    Senara/Azenor - there's just something about a saint who was rumored to have been a mermaid...
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I haven't read through all the comments in this thread, but I do want to say that Cosima is beautiful and sounds so nice with Antoine Congratulations, by the way
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Ruby, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Alice, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Miles, Samuel

Thanks to sessh and lcm. i think Thalassa, Photini and Panagia are out, and Anastasia will linger at the bottom of the list. Neither of us are wild about Philippa, but it's a nice name and will stay on the bottom of the list. When I can screw up my courage to have a second conversation, I'll keep working on Kyriake/Kyrielle and the remainder of the not-yet-discussed favorites (most assuredly Cosima and Theophane for starters).

I have my definitive gender scan next week so this might well be moot anyway-- boys are mistakenly labelled girls much much more frequently than the converse (if they tell you it's a boy at the 12 week scan, >98% of the time it is).

@Sessh funnily enough I have used Zenaida and Philonilla as screennames other places, though I am not sure I'd use either as a name. I think husband will veto anything remotely Anglo-Saxon like Saethryth. I suggested Euphrosyne but he thought it impractical and doomed to constant "Huh?"s. Senara is pretty, and I don't know much about Casilda?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Ooh, you have some beautiful picks.

I especially like Theophane Maris, Mariam Chrysanthe, and Cosima Noor.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Casilda was the daughter of a Muslim king in Toledo, Spain. She was also of Muslim faith, but she smuggled food to the Christian prisoners and cared for them. Her legend says that when she was stopped by the guards, asking to see the contents of her basket, the bread turned to roses. She became ill and made a pilgrimage to a healing spring. Cured her of her illness, she converted to Christianity and lived in solitude near the miraculous spring, supposedly until she was 100 years old.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu