Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    So she is without a reasonable doubt a girl then? How exciting!

I too became a bit sad when I didn't see Cosima on your initial list - I'm so glad it's not out of the running. I'm definitely sad to see such jems as Eirene/Irina, Rosamond, Nerissa, and Helene go, but you have so many other good ones that the grief is certainly muted. Fewer than half were rejected, so I guess one can't get too mad.

From the approved list, Cassiane is my absolute favorite (although she's still behind Cosima). Noor, Verity, and Anastasia are also smashing. I do love Chrysanthe, but she feels best fit for a middle name to me.

I really want to love Aquila and Thalassa. I knew a Hispanic Aquila, so the English pronunciation sounds weird to me now; Thalassa has been ruined for me by way of an undergrad bar near UC Berkeley that shares the name. Mariam and Phillipa are lovely, but they don't excite me somehow. I think I need to sit with Photini, Panagia, and Kyriake a bit longer - they're very alluring, but I'm a bit unsure. Panagia would probably the most easily understood in The States.

I'm counting on another miracle, as I look forward to hearing how the second batch of names stand up to the husband. I like every single one of them quite a bit!
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catharina, Beatrix Eveline, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair

I thought of Léontine for you. From Leontios. Assuming Lionel will be off the table, I am attempting to replace him.
    Cosima Léontine
    Cosima Noor is still perfect.
    Aquila Meriel, Aquila Chrysanthe, Aquila Maris, Aquila Cassiane
    Mariam Noor (sounds like a name for real person, though both names are so unusual)
    Anastasia is tricky. Anastasia Noor?
    Noor could be amazing as a first name, actually... Noor Chrysanthe, Noor Penagia, Noor Everild, Noor Theophane

My favorites are:

Mariam
    Cosima
    Philippa

I think Anastasia is pretty too. I think the Fifty Shades of Grey character taints this name a bit which is unfortunate. But I'm not sure it's a strong enough association to really worry about it. Just something to keep in mind.

Verity is and has remained a steady number one name for me. I truly love it. Second choice of the mutual list would be Chysanthe.

BUT, I really love Cosima the best for you, still, and I like it better with Antoine. Lob that one at your husband for sure.

These are the names I absolutely adore out of the agreement list:
    - Chrysanthe: This is beautiful to me.
    - Photini: This is BOLD for me and I'm the one who likes the strange and unusual names like Antigone and Calypso. I love this name!
    - Panagia: Again, bold name. I love how it's pronounced.
    - Kyriake: Another bold choice for a girl's name. Again, I love how it's pronounced. Sounds so strong.

Just don't really like these:
    Aquila: Sounds like an alcoholic beverage.
    Cassiane: Too close to the name Cassie for me.
    Mariam
    Noor
    Verity
    Anastasia
    Philippa
    Thalassa

Eanswythe was the only name I liked out of the vetoed list.

Names you never got to, but I loved or liked:
    Cosima
    Everild/Averill

The rest was just way too out there for me:
    Theophane
    Meriel
    Myrrine
    Maris
    Sunniva
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...