Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Re Mariam/Miriam--ah, fair enough. I tend to think of them as versions of the same name.

Thanks Tawny (is your name tawnysaurus? I can see why it was frequently misspelt). I love those options you listed, too (along with Theophane, a recent discovery/crush).

@brigid I think many people will assume the same. I wonder if it would help to spell Maryam thusly? It's the other common variant in Western countries.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Anastasia is simply stunning and I really love it with Antoine! Other favourites are Casianne, Miriam and especially Verity. I really don't like Chrysanthe or Aquila (it looks like tequila to me).

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I'm loving:

Aquila
    Cassiane
    Mariam - I find it pretty but with a sweet and simple feel.
    Noor - I love this name.
    Panagia - Lovely pronunciation. It makes me think of nager, swimming the ocean. Good associations.
    Verity - One of the few virtue names I like.
    Kyriake - I am loving the sounds of this name. It fascinates me.
    Anastasia - I used to really dislike Anastasia, but I am warming to it lately, usually when I think of it as a Greek moniker rather than a super frilly choice. Potential pitfall is the 50 Shade of Gray character, but, I don't know how bad that could be - didn't read it.
    Philippa - Cute, old-fashioned, but a little different from what I'd assess your style is as a whole.
    Thalassa -- I like the sound of it muchly, but on the downside it does makes me think of thassalemia.. though that'd hardly be a common association I'd assume.

Off the veto'd list I liked: Helene, Irene, Nerissa, Endellion and Sylvia (prefer Sylvie).

From the rest, I like Cosima, Maris, and Sunniva.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post

Aquila
    Cassiane
    Chrysanthe
    Mariam
    Noor
    Photini
    Panagia
    Verity
    Kyriake
    Anastasia
    Philippa
    Thalassa

Cosima
    Theophane
    Everild/Averill [pessimistic]
    Meriel
    Myrrine
    Maris
    Sunniva (pessimistic)

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I adore Cassiane, Cosima, Everild/Averill, Verity as firsts, and Maris, Meriel, Noor for middles. I also like Theophane, for a first or middle.
    May I suggest...? Ariadne. Greek, pre-Schism saint, Byzantine empress.