Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Re Mariam/Miriam--ah, fair enough. I tend to think of them as versions of the same name.

Thanks Tawny (is your name tawnysaurus? I can see why it was frequently misspelt). I love those options you listed, too (along with Theophane, a recent discovery/crush).

@brigid I think many people will assume the same. I wonder if it would help to spell Maryam thusly? It's the other common variant in Western countries.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Anastasia is simply stunning and I really love it with Antoine! Other favourites are Casianne, Miriam and especially Verity. I really don't like Chrysanthe or Aquila (it looks like tequila to me).

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.

I'm loving:

Aquila
    Cassiane
    Mariam - I find it pretty but with a sweet and simple feel.
    Noor - I love this name.
    Panagia - Lovely pronunciation. It makes me think of nager, swimming the ocean. Good associations.
    Verity - One of the few virtue names I like.
    Kyriake - I am loving the sounds of this name. It fascinates me.
    Anastasia - I used to really dislike Anastasia, but I am warming to it lately, usually when I think of it as a Greek moniker rather than a super frilly choice. Potential pitfall is the 50 Shade of Gray character, but, I don't know how bad that could be - didn't read it.
    Philippa - Cute, old-fashioned, but a little different from what I'd assess your style is as a whole.
    Thalassa -- I like the sound of it muchly, but on the downside it does makes me think of thassalemia.. though that'd hardly be a common association I'd assume.

Off the veto'd list I liked: Helene, Irene, Nerissa, Endellion and Sylvia (prefer Sylvie).

From the rest, I like Cosima, Maris, and Sunniva.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post

Aquila
    Cassiane
    Chrysanthe
    Mariam
    Noor
    Photini
    Panagia
    Verity
    Kyriake
    Anastasia
    Philippa
    Thalassa

Cosima
    Theophane
    Everild/Averill [pessimistic]
    Meriel
    Myrrine
    Maris
    Sunniva (pessimistic)

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I adore Cassiane, Cosima, Everild/Averill, Verity as firsts, and Maris, Meriel, Noor for middles. I also like Theophane, for a first or middle.
    May I suggest...? Ariadne. Greek, pre-Schism saint, Byzantine empress.