Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I know a Kyriaki who gets called Kyrie.
    How is Miriam not Christian enough?! The Theotokos, Mary of Egypt, Mary Magdalene...! I do love Mariam as well, though, and it's a bit more rare.

I still love Cassiane. I met a little Cassia the other day, named for Cassiane, and she was spunky, clever, and exuberant.
    Verity is so sweet.

You have some gems here.

These are my favourites:
    Aquila
    Mariam
    Anastasia
    Cosima
    Sunniva

How do you pronounce Aquila and Mariam?

I really hope he likes Cosima and Sunniva as these are my most favourite. I'm adding Sunniva to my list!!

Suniva is simply stunning! I have it as a MN on my list but Sunniva and Antoine are great together. The Greek in me loves Photini and Panagia but I'm not sure how well they would translate in the US... Philippa, Mariam, and Verity are all so lovely as well. Anastasia would be my second favorite as long as you are alright with both names beginning with An-. Such great names

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

@brigid Mariam = the Arabic form of Mary. Miriam = sister of Moses, and a name most commonly given in Jewish families. The Kyriakes we know (including the hot slutty one) all go by Kiri too.

Thanks to shields and milena-- I am really rooting for Cosima, and hope to bring it up when the mood is equally felicitous.

@milena, I pronounce Aquila the English way- ah-KWIL-uh- and Mariam the Arabic way, Maahr-ee-aam. (The R is somewhat rolled).

@dillonsfan are you Greek? I don't think I knew that. I share your suspicion of Panagia in particular (no one will do the Greek g-y sound).
    Last edited by blade; June 17th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Nice list! Glad you've got some mutual agreement happening. My favourites are:

Anastasia
    Aquila
    Cassiane
    Chrysanthe
    Mariam
    Noor
    Philippa
    Verity

I prefered Kyrielle to Kyriake.

From your longer list, I love Cosima, Maris, Myrrine and Theophane.

Your husband is ridiculous for vetoing Eirene (et al), Helene, Myriam, Nerissa, Rosamond and Sylvia!
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter