Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I love Cassiane and I absolutely agree that Kassiani would read tryndi. Cosima, Verity, Marian and Cassiane are my favorites. I think that they're unique but familiar, lovely, and not too difficult for an American mouth to pronounce. I just love Noor in the middle spot for any of them except Cosima, because now that you've said it, "Cosmic Manure" is all I hear. Cosima Maris or maybe Cosima Theophane?
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I thought at first Cassiane did end in the "ahn" sound but I like it a lot now that I know the real pronunciation. I think it would go well with your son's name.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I agree with your spelling of Cassiane. It's much nicer than Kassiani.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My favorites are
    Meriel
    Cosima
    Chrysanthe
    Anastasia (although probably too close to Antoine)
    Nerissa (maybe you can still convince him that this is a name)

It's a girl? Congratulations! That's lovely.

I think my favorites are the C names, Cassiane, Chrysanthe and Cosima. Bonus points for Cassiane, since your husband loves it too, though I think my favorite of the three might be Chrysanthe. With my naming style, I'd probably put it in the middle, but I'd be thrilled to see it used as a first name.

Kyriake is fascinating. It's loads of fun to say, and I like all the lovely history behind its meaning. I wish it didn't make me think of the word "karaoke," though, and I think Americans may have trouble with the spelling and pronunciation. Keep pushing Kyrielle--gorgeous.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet