Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I love Luna
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I like Luna a lot! It has the fabulous option for Lulu/Lou as a nn, without the nn Lucy, which I semi-dread. Ironically, I still love the flowery longer Lucy names, though--Lucilla, Lucia, Louisa--more than Luna. But I do adore Luna, and I think Emilia Luna is fab! I do really love Emilia Mary, though, too! What about two middles? Emilia Luna Mary? Emilia Mary Luna? I think those would be lovely, too.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I don't care for Luna. There's nothing wrong with it as a name, I just don't care for it.

Emilia Luna just doesn't do it for me but I can't put my finger on what I don't like about it.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It's not my taste. I would only suggest Luna to someone who specifically wants to channel the moon, the atmosphere, or the planets in some way. Otherwise I think it's a name that's more fit for a pet.

Hmm...
    I think Luna is really spunky and elegant. I love the connotations surrounding Luna and the fact that it's Spanish for 'moon', Luna is such a lovely choice. I think Luna does have teasing potential I can imagine Luna-tic (lunatic) or Looney Luna being yelled out across the playground but then any name can be made fun of. Furthermore it also depends what type of school you're child will attend if it's multi-cultural with a range of different names than your child will be fine. If your child attends a school full of kids named Archie then it won't work.