Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think they are having a girl right? I have a feeling they will use Alexandra with Diana as one of the middles.

Royal experts correct me if I'm wrong; Isn't in normal royal decency not to use the same names as other European heirs to the throne? If so Elizabeth, Eleanor and Alexandra are off for a girl (and maybe Victoria too, although this is not the same generation). I'm still hoping they're having a boy to even the young heirs to the various thrones of Europe a bit out (girls first in line in Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain and Belgium).
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Royal experts correct me if I'm wrong; Isn't in normal royal decency not to use the same names as other European heirs to the throne? If so Elizabeth, Eleanor and Alexandra are off for a girl (and maybe Victoria too, although this is not the same generation). I'm still hoping they're having a boy to even the young heirs to the various thrones of Europe a bit out (girls first in line in Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain and Belgium).
    I have absolutely no idea! I've never come across that 'rule', but it makes sense. The future monarch may not rule under their first name though. Victoria, Edward VII and George VI didn't and apparently Charles wants to be George VII. But yes, little Prince Christian's going to get a bit lonely with all these princesses running around!

So current heirs are:

Catharine-Amalia
    Haakon & Ingrid Alexandra (don't know too much about Norwegian royals- does she always go by both names?)
    Frederik & Christian
    Guillaume
    Philippe & Elisabeth - is this the only other Elizabeth? It's such a popular name, I think they'd get away with it.
    Victoria & Estelle - yeah I think the age gap is big enough
    Felipe & Leonor - I think they could get away with Eleanor

I think that's all of them :/ I think they're all right to be honest, especially if other royal houses have used international variations (Leonor/Eleanor, Guillaume/William etc). And our RF don't seem to mix with other royals very much, which isn't an excuse, but I wish they were more like the Scandinavian royals who seem to have a great relationship!
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I would love to see a King Arthur...wishful thinking? And if it's a girl, they better have Diana in there somewhere or I'll be really ticked off.

Traditional Boys Names for First or Middles: Philip (grandfather is currently in the hospital at 92 years old), Arthur, George, Alfred, Albert, Alexander, Charles, Richard, John (kind of a bad luck name but this is Kate's father's name), James, Louis, David, Edward, Edmund

Traditional Girls Names for First and Middles: Victoria, Mary (these two names are my top picks because no one in the immediate family has them for first names), Elizabeth, Diana, Anne, Adelaide, Alexandra, Caroline, Charlotte (this may be a mn only because Diana's brother has a Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer), Eleanor, Matilda, Helena, Louisa, Alice, Margaret, Catherine, Henrietta, Rose (mn only), Philippa
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I can see Philip in the name if it's a boy, especially if Prince Philip passes away before the baby is born. I also think Arthur might be part of it, though not as the first name. George Philip Arthur Francis - I don't think they'd go as far as rearranging or reversing Charles' full name, they'd come up with something a bit more different, and Francis would honour Diana by using the masculine version of her middle name, Frances.

I seem to have remembered reading somewhere the Queen didn't want any grandchildren/great-grandchildren named after her, so Elizabeth as a first name is out if it's a girl. I can see it as a middle though. Victoria would be nice, but it'd be a lot to live up to - I'd see that more likely as a middle too. Maybe Margaret as a middle after the late Princess Margaret? Mary Elizabeth Margaret Victoria maybe? Or Mary Victoria Elizabeth Frances - again, to honour Diana? I don't know if they'd use Diana straight out given the controversy around her still in the Royal Family.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George