Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

What will William and Kate select as the full name of their son or daughter?

Being a naming nerd and royal watcher, the naming of a new heir is quite exciting. Since Catherine and William announced their pregnancy, I have been reading about royal naming history and traditions. I have read numerous articles about naming possibilities, but they have only focused on the first name. Members of the royal family usually have three to four names, many of which have been recycled from previous generations.

With the baby due in mid-July, I thought this would be an ideal time to begin a thread for people to guess the name...the whole name. Below I have listed the full names of recent royals to assist in the guessing.

So...what do you think William and Kate will select as the full name of their son or daughter?

Full Names of Royal Family

King George V (Queen Elizabeth’s Grandfather): George Frederick Ernest Albert
    King Edward VIII (Queen Elizabeth’s Uncle): Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David
    King George VI (Queen Elizabeth’s Father): Albert Frederick Arthur George
    Queen Elizabeth II: Elizabeth Alexandra Mary

Queen Elizabeth's Children: (1) Charles Philip Arthur George (married to Diana Frances), (2) Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise, (3) Andrew Albert Christian Edward, (4) Edward Antony Richard Louis

Prince Charles’ Children: (1) William Arthur Philip Louis, (2) Henry Charles Albert David

Prince Andrew’s Children: (1) Beatrice Elizabeth Mary, (2) Eugenie Victoria Helena

Prince Edward’s Children: (1) James Alexander Philip Theo, (2) Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary