Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Silvia is a nice name, and doesn't really sound old lady like to me. Personally I think it is one of the best names for a child, teen, adult, and older adult. Suits all perfectly fine. Sylvie is also a possible nn. Some middle suggestions:
    Leanne
    Brit
    Athena
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

Not old womanly at all. I prefer the traditional spelling but Silvia is nice too. Like people said, names like Eleanor and Hazel are in style so little Silvia won't stick out like a sore thumb.
    Alexis
    teen berry
    excuse my username

I LOVE Silvia, I think it's gorgeous. And personally I like the Silvia spelling, Sylvia to me feels a little more dated for some reason....
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I actually think Silvia/Sylvia (I prefer the y spelling) is a rather frilly/girly and timeless name. All of which remind someone of an old lady they know because, it was as awesome then as it is now.
    I'd probably pair it with a longer, very solid name for a middle to give the whole thing a nice balance.
    I like Sylvia Madeleine, Sylvia Eleanor and Sylvia Justine.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

It is so NOT an old lady name. I'm sure once your family meets the baby Sylvia they'll realize that.