Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Well, you will definitely have pronunciation and spelling problems. I first misread the name as Ailsa (same as goodhope). If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. Personally, I think Isla is a more preferable spelling.
    I agree with all of this.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I absolutely adore the name Aisla. As you can see, I have Isla in my favorite girl names in my signature. When I read it, I read (eye-la) just because Ai makes the eye sound. You spell it how ever you want to! It is as simple as this, if they mispronounce it, you correct them. Good Luck :grin:
    Hunter | Holden | Ethan | Caleb | Jacob | Ryan | Charles
    Amelie | Emma | Lily | Madeleine | Isabelle | Blair | Leighton

Quote Originally Posted by americanpeach View Post
    I absolutely adore the name Aisla. As you can see, I have Isla in my favorite girl names in my signature. When I read it, I read (eye-la) just because Ai makes the eye sound. You spell it how ever you want to! It is as simple as this, if they mispronounce it, you correct them. Good Luck :grin:
    Ai can also make the "ay" sound, such as maize, chain, rain, grain, maintain.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I also misread the name as Ailsa

I think ultimately it should be what you want and like but considering that I too misread it as Ailsa. I'd consider going with the simpler Isla. (My moto is usually most traditional common or when it down simplest spelling). Maybe you should put up post-its with "Isla Grace" around the house and re-evaluate how you feel about the spellings in a few weeks.

If you still hate it, go with Aisla, if it's grown on you, awesome! The most important thing is how you feel about the spelling of her name when she's born - you're primarily the ones who are going to be living with it almost every day - well besides her of course.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)