Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kiri?

The name is okay. It may be a tad too cutesy, but there are much worse possibilities out there running around in the world. I had a friend in early elementary school named Kiri. She had three older sisters and a brother all with K names. I can't remember them... Much more ordinary than Kiri though.

I say go for it.
    Callista; 21; ♎☉ | animal; long-hair advocate; planner
    Mother to 3 guinea pigs ~ Ganon, Impa, Din, and introducing... Tetra!
    ♂ | Link SorenRiver ShepherdGabriel
    ♀| FawnLunaFaye Rhian Kelsea
    Visit my "About Me" for my full (lazy) list

If Keri is perfectly acceptable as a given name all on its own, I don't see why Kiri would be too cutesy. If you love it, go for it. I personally prefer Keira, though.

I had a student named Kiri last year (Kiri Eleanor actually). It fit her to perfection! She was a slightly quirky teen, but in a good way. I totally fell in love with the name. Yes, she had trouble with people mis-spelling and mis-pronouncing it, but once people met her they got it really quickly. It's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lieseysmom View Post
    I had a student named Kiri last year (Kiri Eleanor actually). It fit her to perfection! She was a slightly quirky teen, but in a good way. I totally fell in love with the name. Yes, she had trouble with people mis-spelling and mis-pronouncing it, but once people met her they got it really quickly. It's awesome!
    Thanks for all the responses so far!

I'm glad to see that it works in real life (even if it's used as a double barreled name). Kiri Eleanor is lovely!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~

Love love love the name Kiri!