Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forrest & ???

Instead of Forrest, how about Forrester? I know a man with this name. I think it sounds cool, and it wouldn't get the Forrest Gump teasing potential. As other posters have said, it may not be an issue though. I also think of Forrest Griffin, the UFC fighter, but it is a negative association for me...can't stand that guy!
    Anyway, Forrest is naturey so you don't want anything too matchy.
    Since you like Forrest, Phineas and Eleanor, here are some suggestions:

Emmett
    Everett
    Abraham
    Theodore, Theo or Ted
    Edward, Ned

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen
    Nora(h)
    Mae/May
    Elizabeth - so many nicknames
    Amelia

I know a Forrest who is 18, and I really don't think the Forrest Gump association is that strong any more. The Forrest I know grew up with some teasing surely but I can't imagine your Forrest's peers would even have a clue. I really like the name and think it's a lovely choice...

I wonder the same thing about using a nickname that starts with a different letter than the full name, so I'm not much help there. I think it doesn't really matter, as is been done for generations. My dad is William and goes by Bill exclusively but seeing his name as W. (Last name) isn't confusing or weird. Plus in the Phineas case Finn looks nicer than phin.

Phineas and Forrest are really similar, but Phineas does lend itself SO easily to the nickname Finn, while Forrest is one of the few names I don't find myself shortening immediately. Eleanor is a complementary name to those two as well, I like it, and nell is a nice choice for nickname- Forrest, Finn and Nell. I like it

Thank you all so much for your kind advice! I appreciate it sooooo much. I'm so happy to hear that you don't believe that Forrest is as strongly associated to Forrest Gump as it once was

I also like:
    Emmett
    Abraham
    Theodore (Teddy)
    Edward
    Nora
    Elizabeth
    Amelia

Thanks, again!