Results 51 to 55 of 74
June 18th, 2013 01:24 PM #51
Ceridwen! Ceridwen! Ceridwen! When naming Roo you said you were saving Ceridwen for a winter baby, well winter baby is on her way, so if baba's a girl she should definantly be Ceridwen!
Some Ceridwen combos
Ceridwen Circe Morgana
Ceridwen Circe Aradia
Ceridwen Giselle Cissea
Ceridwen Zepherine Celeste
Ceridwen Daphne Clenency
Ceridwen Elbereth Noor
I narrowed it down to my favorite five of your names. The other 4 are (in no perticular order);
Fiametta Morgana Circe (I really like Circe and Morgana togeather, can you tell?)
Fiametta Daphne Celeste
Fiametta Cissea Giselle
Fiametta Sybilla Eirene
Fiametta Vashti Eirene
Hespera combos (possibly my second favorite on your list, just not sure if I like it for Aphrodite's sister)
Hepera Giselle Celeste
Hesper Circe Nephele
Hespera Iris Noor
Hespera Chloe Cissea
Hepera Daphne Cyrene
Melusine (nn Lu?) combos
Melusine Daphne Eirene
Melusine Morgana Celeste
Melusine Blodwen Celeste
Melusine Elbereth Circe
Melusine Cissea Yvaine
Zenobia Alcyone Blodwen
Zenobia Circe Celeste
Zenobia Charis Celeste
Zenobia Daphne Eirene
Zenobia Chloe CisseaTop Girl names:
~Combos I love~
Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue"
Marilla Delyth "Millie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo"
Hildemara ~ Isannah ~ Magnolia
Top Boy names: (a work in progress)
~Boy combos I'm considering~
Gideon Walker "Gid" ~ Evander Lane "Evan" ~ Malcolm Wesley "Cal" ~ Alaric Marion "Lark"
~Other Possible Firsts~
Mathias ~ Reuben ~ Gilbert ~ Cadmar
June 18th, 2013 01:29 PM #53Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Wow! Your choices are so adventurous, magical and beautiful! It's going to be quite difficult to pare down this list. I'll do what some pp's did: give a list of the firsts and middles that I like the most, and give veto points to some of the names.
Firsts I Love:
I do agree that you need to tread carefully; with a sister named for the goddess of love and beauty, you don't want a name that falls short! With Aphrodite as a sibling, my top five are (in no particular order): Oriana, Atalanta, Fiammetta, Gwenllian, and Melusine (though I heard a mention of Starbucks with this name - not sure what that's about)
Middles I'd Veto:
Blodwen (if I'm pronouncing this right, I really dislike the sound)
Idony/Idunn (same with this one)
Ursaly (prefer Ursula)
Villanelle (sounds like villain to me)
My favorites from your middle list are Alcyone, Eira, Phoebe, Iris, Thalia, Lyra, Ophelia, Arcadia and Eos, but I really like a lot of them!
I'll try my hand at some combos, but I'm not very good and I'm new to this!
Oriana Eos Nephele
Atalanta Lisanor Iris
Gwenllian Arcadia Eos
Roxana Clemency Eirene
Ceridwen Phoebe Selene (moving Selene)/ Ceridwen Ophelia Selene
Zenobia Belphoebe Celeste
Morgana Olwen Yvaine
Callisto Endellion Lyra
Genoveva Elbereth Eirene
Liriope Thalia Celeste
Sorry for writing you a novel! Hopefully some of that was helpful
June 18th, 2013 06:14 PM #55Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
June 19th, 2013 01:13 PM #57
Ah and once again the lovely British government has spoilt my whole naming life-this time with exams...and exams...and even more exams so I yes I of name-nerdiness have to miss out on all the fun. I haven't really been on nb eeeeek I miss it soooooo much.
2. Criticisms of your top 5:
Belpheobe-gorgeous and sea urchin on a tropical island feel. Doesn't make a that great sibset with Roo.
Ceridwen-Lovely. I think Welsh names will be great for you as they aren't greek godesses but they still have that magical quality.
Hespera-Purpley, pink, flowers. It does remind me of despair though.
Illyria-Hmmm...I thought this was Roo's middle name? Have I missed something?
Tinuviel-Reminds me of Cornwall with rocky cliffs, sea plants and castles. Also reminds me of an ear for some odd reason.
3. I think you should use Pearl as a middle name. If Roo2 is being born in February then this would be a great choice as in Finland february is the month of the Pearl.
4. Other names you should consider (firsts or middles):
Ophelia-I LOVE this with Aphrodite
Myfawny-As a middle
Iola-Short, Celtic but magical
Anenome-As a middle
5. Some random combos I made in my break:
Ceridwen Mimosa Fawn-So welsh fairy forest
Illyria Myfawny Pearl
Iola Ninane Pearl
I will think of more when I am sailing tonight.
6. Off your other list I like:
7. I think you should avoid -ee endings ( but that is just personal style as I dislike matchy endings)
June 20th, 2013 05:52 PM #59
First of all, Congrats!! Super happy for you!
Of course, I love your first list, i'm sure you'll find new names in the coming months, but this is a wonderful start!
This is my top five and reasons:
1. Belpheobe ... Loved loved loved since you first mentioned it on one of your past posts, so pretty and i think it fits in with what people consider 'normal' because of the Belle and Pheobe sounds, but still stands out.
2. Ceridwen ... Think this is perfect for your winter baby! so snowy and magical, plus goes with so many of my favourite choices for middles!
3. Circe ... pretty much the same reasons as i like Ceridwen, whimsical in a witchy kind of way. Reminds me of Game of Thrones, though they spell it Cersei. Much prefer the original spelling.
4. Liriope ... Never heard this before, but as soon as i saw it i loved it! Not conventionally pretty but so mystical, makes me think of someone who would be sorted into Slytherin at Hogwarts! In good way, myself being a Slytherin.
5. Melpomene ... Just rolls off the tongue so sweetly and satisfyingly, I could say this all day. Like a poem in itself. Magical!
Made up some random, not-really-thought-out combo's here for fun:
Belphoebe Isis Florimell
Belphoebe Endellion Chloe
Belphoebe Tinuviel Zenobia
Ceridwen Circe Melpomene < FAVE
Ceridwen Circe Winsome
Ceridwen Morgana Signe
Ceridwen Isis Tinuviel
Circe Galadriel Morgana
Circe Endellion Daphne
Circe Titania Winsome
Liriope Celeste Arcadia
Liriope Florimell Ariadne
Liriope Isis Epipole
Liriope Arcadia Signe
Melpomene Isis Arcadia
Melpomene Titania Eira
Melpomene Callisto Eira
Good luck Ottilie, and I look forward to another naming journey!!
xNiamh Ethna Patricia, 19 Fashion student from Liverpool living in London
Tinuviel Amity Lorelei - Epipole Lothlorien Flora - Illyria Nephele Cordelia - Thisbe Isis Melpomene
Perseus Jonah Lohengrin - Leopold Casimir Ecthelion - Klaus Aragorn Heimdall - Rollo Laufey Endymion