Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Amarantha - lovely and soft. Makes me think of golden fields of grain. Too soft next to Aphrodite?
    Amoret - This would be too much of a love-fest with Aphrodite, imo. Maybe in the middle.
    Atalanta - Fierce and ocean-spacious. Requires you to slow down a bit to say it though.
    Bellicent - Makes me think of “bellicose.” Not my favorite.
    Belphoebe - Bien sûr.
    Boudicca - How patriotic, and bodacious. Definitely an aggressive name to my ears, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
    Callisto - I just associate this name with Zeus-rape... and the Ursa constellations too of course which almost makes up for it. I prefer Ursula or Orsa.
    Ceridwen - Ooh you are going to have a winter babe aren’t you!
    Circe - Circe and Aphrodite would make a delectable pair.
    Eulalia - Only if she comes out yodeling.
    Euphrosyne - The graces sort of play second fiddle to Aphrodite...
    Fiammetta - Yes please.
    Florimell - Did Chuck Jones ever do a Faerie Queene? When I hear this name for some reason I am picturing Daffy Duck in an Elizabethan ruff.
    Genoveva - Can I interest you in Genovefa?
    Godiva - Very in-your-face, but I think it’s fabulous, esp w/Aphrodite.
    Gwenllian - Gwenllian melts my heart. So beautiful.
    Hespera - I feel like you’d know if you had a Hespera once she was born. Such a particular, night-blooming cereus kind of name.
    Hypatia - Neato. I like this. A bit hard-edged but handsome.
    Liriope - Strikes me as an odd plant to exalt in a name, so grassy and sensible, but if it moves you...
    Lyonesse - I like this as a middle. Somehow feels related to Aphrodite’s Illyria.
    Melpomene - Such a beautiful, cheerful sound. I like this.
    Melusine - Starbucks
    Messalina - Save for a cat.
    Morgana - Yes. Witchy as all get-out, but good.
    Niniane - Yes, but would you feel compelled to carry on with 4-syllable, ee-ending names?
    Olympia - This would be spot-on as a sis to Aphro-D.
    Oriana - Not my favorite. Close to Ariana, which I associate with Long Island girls with lots of hairspray and frosted lipstick.
    Pandora - I feel like Pandora really gets the fuzzy end of the lollypop next to Aphrodite.
    Polyhymnia - Polly is such a fun nickname, but Polyhymnia sounds a bit technical to me, like a musical form.
    Roxana - Roxana and Roo would be delicious.
    Selene - Not enough oomph next to Aphrodite.
    Tanaquil - I think first of the beautiful and tragic Tanaquil LeClerq, and then of some kind of imaginary sleep medicine.
    Titania - When paired with Aphrodite, both become suddenly princessy.
    Xenia - Yes yes love Xenia.
    Zenobia - Absolutely.

I won't comment on all your middles (so many beauties!) Here are the ones I'd nix:

Argante - Elegant and Arthurian, but it is very close to “argent.” I think money before the color silver, but then I don’t really speak French.
    Bastet - Bastard-ette?
    Cissea - Can I interest you in Cassia or Keziah?
    Elbereth - a very nice LOTR choice, but I prefer Tinuviel.
    Lisanor - Of L-named Arthurian ladies, I prefer Luned and Laudine. Lisanor is so obscure, and nearly contains “snore.”
    Oenone - Oenone you di‘int.
    Ursaly - Ursula!!

Congrats, how exciting! I LOVE Belphoebe as a sister to Aphrodite. So perfect! Both are overflowing with beauty, neither outshines the other, both have sweet nicknames, they go so well together without being theme-y or too match-y at all. (I like Amoret a lot, but definitely not with Aphrodite. Way over the top romantic.)

I enjoy most of your other options too (except Polyhymnia and Tanaquil, the first sounds like a disorder of some sort, like polyhydramnios, and the latter sounds like a medication, either of which would be unfortunate next to the glorious Aphrodite), especially Hespera, Fiammetta, and Olympia. Love Amarantha, but not sure if it's too close to Aphrodite? Maybe not...it's so lovely, and not extremely similar...Zenobia isn't one I'm usually fond of, but I like it with Aphrodite. (Zipporah would be gorgeous, too, if it's not too biblical for you!) Belphoebe is definitely my favorite, though!

Belphoebe Sybilla Wren
    Belphoebe Tinuviel Iris
    Belphoebe Olwen Tinuviel
    Belphoebe Olwen Tabitha
    Belphoebe Ceridwen Iris
    Belphoebe Sybilla Tinuviel
    Belphoebe Rose Tinuviel
    Amarantha Rose Tinuviel
    Amarantha Sybilla Hecate
    Olympia Hespera Noor
    Olympia Circe Belphoebe
    Fiammetta Tinuviel Noor
    Fiammetta Tabitha Rose
    Fiammetta Hecate Rose

Oh how exciting! As Roo's name is so impressive, her sister will certainly need a distinctive name in her own right. From your list of your first names, I think these best embody that distinctive and majestic quality that the name for baby girl #2 should have:

Amarantha
    Bellicent
    Ceridwen
    Eulalia
    Fiammetta
    Genoveva
    Hespera
    Hypatia
    Messalina
    Titania
    Zenobia

I think Genoveva, Hypatia, and Messalina are my favorites from this list, with Messalina and Titania in close pursuit.

I like these a lot, but they don't seem as spectacular when put next to Roo's name:
    Atalanta
    Callisto
    Oriana
    Morgana
    Roxana
    Selene

I didn't have a ton of time to come up with combos, but I set these forward to hopefully stimulate further creativity.

Amarantha Eos Berenice
    Amarantha Eirene Melusine

Bellicent Oriana Eos
    Bellicent Eira Melpomene

Callisto Sybilla Zephyrine
    Callisto Lyra Berenice

Ceridwen Eulalia Phoebe
    Ceridwen Oriana Charis

Eulalia Cyrene Bastet
    Eulalia Daphne Melusine

Fiammetta Charis Amoret
    Fiammetta Signe Lyonesse

Genoveva Idunn Arcadia
    Genoveva Olwen Alcyone

Hespera Eos Amoret
    Hespera Clemency Giselle
    Hespera Godiva Celeste

Hypatia Belphoebe Lyonesse
    Hypatia Endellion Yvaine

Messalina Daphne Florimell
    Messalina Amoret Belphoebe
    Messalina Phoebe Celeste

Roxana Isis Argante
    Roxana Pandora Yvaine

Titania Selene Berenice
    Titania Eirene Villanelle

Zenobia Iris Niniane
    Zenobia Gwenllian Charis
    Last edited by raptreverie; June 17th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catharina, Beatrix Eveline, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair

I agree with Sessha - it's so cool to be naming another child of yours again so soon! Unfortunately, I don't think I'm much help on your naming threads because your names, while beautiful, aren't really my style. Also, I don't know much background on the mythological-type names. However, I'll make an attempt at dividing your list into "love" and "love not so much" categories:

Love:

Amarantha
    Amoret
    Atalanta
    Belphoebe (prefer Phoebe)
    Circe
    Eulalia
    Fiammetta
    Genoveva
    Hespera
    Hypatia
    Lyonesse
    Melusine
    Messalina
    Morgana
    Olympia
    Oriana
    Pandora
    Selene
    Titania
    Xenia
    Zenobia

Love not so much:

Bellicent
    Boudicca
    Callisto (prefer Calypso)
    Ceridwen
    Euphrosyne
    Florimell
    Godiva
    Gwenllian (prefer Gwendolyn)
    Liriope
    Melpomene
    Niniane
    Polyhymnia
    Roxana
    Tanaquil

I haven't done middles because it's a lot more "anything goes". Besides, first focus should be on creating a short list of first names! Good luck and I'll be excitedly following your progress!

PS: You hate dolphins? How is that even possible?
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

As an introductory salvo, I'd say that with a sister named Aphrodite, I would be very leery of #2 having any Greek name whatsoever, but particularly a mythological name. And, as you said, I would avoid names of major deities from other pantheons, too. Otherwise you risk a "boxed set" syndrome. Since you're hoping for a large family, many of these choices would be wonderful farther down the line when they can shine instead of looking like beads on a string.

Therefore from the first name shortlist I would whittle it down to:

Amoret
    Bellicent
    Belphoebe
    Boudicca
    Ceridwen
    Fiammetta
    Florimell
    Genoveva
    Godiva
    Gwenllian
    Hypatia
    Lyonesse
    Melusine
    Messalina
    Morgana
    Niniane
    Oriana
    Roxana
    Tanaquil
    Titania
    Zenobia

I left Hypatia because Hypatia was a real person and such a kickass namesake I think it deserves to stay on the list.

Titania = large, titanic, etc; not so flattering
    Messalina = just don't care for the opera, nor the namesake. She slept with half of Rome, conspired to kill her husband, and was executed. Hmm.
    Boudicca = everyone will see/day "DICK-a"
    Tanaquil = sounds like a sleep aid (Nyquil), despite being a good historical namesake. Do you like her other epithets like Cyrilla?
    Melusine = still a monster, albeit one with a beautiful name. Aphrodite & Melusine? Conflicting imagery?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq