Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

List for Baby Boy: Attempt No. 1

Baby's in the belly way sooner than planned, so it's back to name lists for me. I know it's early, but last time was kind of disastrous, and I can't imagine having any time on my hands with an 11 month old and a newborn to think about names when February comes, so it's better to get a head start. Boyfriend is, again, not talking baby names until the second trimester, so this is all me.

These are the names I've though of this far (it's long, I know). Lots of reuse from last time, some new loves. I'd love to get your opinions, and suggestions too. Our daughter has the name of one of the major Greek deities, so I'd like to avoid major Gods as first name (which is why Odin and Osiris are in the middle category). If you'd like to try to make combos, that would of course be welcome. We're doing two middles. If first name is eccentric, one of the middles needs to be one of the more normal names (and I'm using this term lightly, as I know from experience some of you will disagree with my definition of normal).

Auberon
    Aurelian
    Casimir
    Cyrus
    Endymion
    Evander
    Faramond
    Gawain
    Hadrian
    Hector
    Herne
    Isidore
    Laszlo
    Leonidas
    Lothair
    Lucius
    Orpheus
    Perseus
    Ptolemy
    Rainier
    Roderick
    Romulus
    Sylvan

Middle name only:
    Altair
    Antony
    Arion
    Basil
    Bayard
    Bors
    Calidore
    Cato
    Damon
    Dragan
    Eglamour
    Faulkner
    Ferdinand
    Finvarra
    Gareth
    Grenfell
    Hugh
    Idris
    Ivo
    Lawrence
    Lodestar
    Lorien
    Loxias
    Mordred
    Odin
    Oliver
    Osiris
    Perseus
    Ranulph
    Robin
    Sebastian
    Shasta
    Sigurd
    Taliesin
    Thor
    Tiberius
    Tresillian
    Valemon
    Vladimir
    Xavier

Thanks so much!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like Leonidas as a first name. It also gives your child the possibility to just be "Leo" if they grow up and want something more "normal".

Leonidas Gareth is a nice combo.

I also kind of dig Orpheus too. I don't think I would ever use it personally though. Orpheus Cato is a good combo.

I reckon Evander, Gawain, Hector and Leonidas work best with Aphrodite. I know you love Faramond so I'll play with him too

Gawain Perseus Robin - one of your old combos which is very handsome! I'm struggling to come up with anything better.
    Gawain Tresillian Ranulph
    Gawain Anthony Grenfell
    Gawain Evander Robin

Hector Tresillian Oliver
    Hector Perseus Grenfell
    Hector Leonidas Robin
    Hector Endymion Oliver

Faramond Grenfell Sebastian
    Faramond Orpheus Robin
    Faramond Robin Grenfell
    Faramond Anthony Oliver

William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Hooray!! I am going to enthusiastically start on the boys page and save the girls for later... Maybe after the first round of eliminations
    The great thing about boys names is that you won't have to worry about repeating any "ee" ending sounds. Taking Auberon and Aurelian off for shared initial purposes. I love so many, but these are my favorites (starred are the ones I think go best with Aphrodite as firsts).

Casimir
    ***Endymion
    Evander
    *Faramond
    Gawain
    Hadrian
    Leonidas
    *Lucius
    *Orpheus
    **Perseus

Middle name only:
    Altair- Do we have imagery for new baby yet? I do so love this starry name.
    Bayard- I still adore this one, very strong. I see it working well with many of the firsts.
    Calidore- Amazing! Definitely on par with Illyria for a magical sounding middle!
    Cato- Great sound, shorter name that could fit nicely in a combo (but makes me think of Hunger Games)
    Damon- Same sentiment as Cato, I like it and think it works well (but Vampire Diaries reference)
    Faulkner- Trying to remember correctly, did this one have family significance as well?
    Gareth- Love it. So very handsome and on the more normal side, it's really great
    Loxias- Very fancy; maybe paired with a less exotic first though
    Oliver- Yes, yes, yes, use this in the middle!
    Ranulph- Or Rainier both work better as middles in my opinion
    Robin- Hmm, would you use this back to back with Marian? I'd save it a bit longer if I were you
    Sebastian- Great 'normal' option, I am a big fan of this name
    Tiberius- Super strong and awesome, maybe paired with a softer first name
    Tresillian- Love the sound, but Tristan would also be a way to 'normalize' if necessary
    Vladimir- New to the list isn't he? This is a great one!

Only one I really don't like is Mordred. I don't know the history but it sounds like a cross between morbid and dreadful. I'll be back soon! <3
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

I'm so excited to follow your naming journey, I missed your last one as I only joined recently (I was a lurker on the name lists but never ventured to the forums), and I have to say that I love your naming style so much.

My favourite names from your first name list are Auberon, Endymion, Evander, Faramond (This is so handsome!), Gawain, Hadrian, Leonidas & Rainier. But honestly, you couldn't go wrong with any of the names on your list!

As for middle names, I really like Altair, Antony, Bayard, Bors, Calidore, Cato, Damon, Eglamour, Faulkner, Finvarra, Gareth, Hugh, Idris, Ivo, Lawrence, Lodestar, Lorien, Odin, Oliver, Perseus, Robin, Sebastian, Taliesin, Thor, Tiberius, Valemon, Vladimir & Xavier

I'll try and come up with some combo suggestions but I'm not that good with flow. I'll have a go anyway!

Auberon Finvarra Gareth
    Auberon Tiberius Cato
    Endymion Tiberius Oliver
    Endymion Taliesin Bors
    Evander Bayard Antony
    Evander Lorien Finvarra
    Faramond Eglamore Robin
    Faramond Tiberius Oliver
    Gawain Lodestar Hugh
    Gawain Faulkner Bors
    Hadrian Bayard Antony
    Hadrian Altair Bayard
    Leonidas Finvarra Ivo
    Leonidas Taliesin Thor
    Rainier Taliesin Bayard
    Rainier Idris Valemon

Like I said, I'm not good at making combos but I hope they helped some! I'm in love with your name taste, I wish I could convince DH to even consider most of these! (I'm also in love with the idea of 2 middle names but he's also against that )
    Senia Hero: 21/03/11
    Apolline Ever: 05/09/13