Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Father's Day Post- Names men love

I thought I would start a father's day post to talk about names that the men in our life love.

My husband- Big names for boys like Cassius, Ulysses, Zeus! He doesn't like simple, plain or classic. His big thing is "Nothing too boring"!

My dad- suggested Gwen & Angela when my mom was pregnant with me. Lisa for my sister. He suggested the same names to me when I was pregnant...along with Kiki!

My grandfather- liked Yolanda & Cynthia. His choices really surprised me! He said "You don't hear those too often & they have a nice sound to them."

Actually, all of the guys liked Cynthia!

The only name my husband is really big on is Harley for a girl, which is never ever happening. I told him he could name a dog Harley.

My dad actually gave me my name, Lorelei.

my son (my little man) like Duncan and Louise
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

My dh suggested Cynthia too.... I was all like "really?!" But then I realized that he really likes 1980's names, which is what I associate Cynthia with. It seems like every other celeb and valley girl tv character in the 80's had the name Cindy. He also likes more "princessy" names than I do. Like Gwendolyn and Anastasia and Alexandria and Cassandra and Guinevere and Veronica. The more frilly syllables the better in his book.

My SO loves boyish names for girls. His daughter's name is Jordan, and he'd pick Cooper for a second girl if he could get away with it. (Lucky for any daughter of ours, I won't let him! ) He thinks they sound sharp, sporty, and attractive. Anything "old" or too "Jane Austen," gets a quick, firm rejection from him.

We're not as far apart on boys' names, since he goes for classic-y, solid names, names for a guy who can "catch a ball, fix the car, and manage a department." His son is Nicholas (Nick), and he has said he likes Nathaniel (Nate), Adam, Luke, Thomas, Sam/Samuel, and Max.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

My grandfather likes to joke that he suggested one name and one name only for each of his four kids... Percival Sylvester. Which he actually did, but only because with their three-syllable-ends-in-ER last name it was a major tongue twister. He ended up with a Steven, Lynn, Carol, and Peter.

I don't think my dad really cared what his kids ended up named but I know he pushed for Patrick for me had I been a boy and actually is the reason I am named what I am, my first name anyway. His other kids ended up with the names Cathryn, Jonathan, and Regina but they are all older and from a different mother. My name is a variant of Cathryn so it's a good thing we didn't both settle on the same nickname.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney