Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Getting closer -- worried about flow with our last name

I think we are pretty much set on our short list -- I don't see us adding any additional names at this point. We've been through virtually every girl's name in existence, and these are the ones we feel we could actually use. Middle name will be Louisa or Louise or Lou, after my mother-in-law. In order of my favorites:

Felicity Louisa
    Bridget Louisa
    Violet Louisa
    Ophelia Louise
    Lorelei Louise (so many L's! But hubby loves this name -- is this combo terrible? We could possibly do Lorelei Eloise)
    Elizabeth Louisa
    Isadora Louise
    Helena Louise

Our last name starts with C and rhymes with book. I worry about the flow of some of these names with our last name (and, in my opinion, flow of first name and last name is far more important than first name and middle name). I also worry about Isadora (Is a door a book?) but I really like this name, and my son completely loves it. I also worry about Bridget, because someone on another thread said that it seems "dowdy" compared to our other three kids' names. But it was my great-great grandmother's name and one I have always loved.

What would be your top three favorites, considering our current sibset (Alexander, Madelyn, and Genevieve) and our last name. Thanks so much for your help!
    Last edited by shieldsc; June 16th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

My top three favorites :

Felicity Louisa
    Bridget Louisa
    Helena Louise

favorite names this week: Aviva🌻 Alaric

Based on all of your criteria I would have to say my favorite option is Violet Louisa. Beautiful flow and fits nicely into the sibset.

My favourites are Felicity Louisa, Helena Louise (though I'd prefer Helena Louisa despite the double A endings) and Elizabeth Louisa.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I LOVE Violet Louisa, and also Elizabeth Louisa. You certainly having good naming taste!