Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cassius/Cassian opinions?

I love the name Cassius or Cassian for a boy, but I've never met anyone named that before. Is it too unusual?
    I like names ending with 'ius' and 'ian' like Julius and Julian, and I think the Cass is a nice addition. Any suggestions of similar names?
    Also any suggestions for middle names to go with them?

Oh, I love Cassian! It's on my list,too. I have first read it in one of Madeleine Wickham books and thought it was so romantic yet so strong and masculine. Gorgeous, what yet to say?
    I agree Cassius might be a bit over the top, although it's a name from Shakespeare. I suppose it was used by a couple of celebrities but Cassian, on the other hand, is unheard of and undiscovered. As between Julius and Julian I'd prefer Julian, here I pick Cassian. Some ideas for middle name may be Cassian Grey, Cassian Balthazar, Cassian Joel, Cassian Theodore and Cassian Orpheus.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

Quote Originally Posted by handsallover View Post
    Oh, I love Cassian! It's on my list,too. I have first read it in one of Madeleine Wickham books and thought it was so romantic yet so strong and masculine. Gorgeous, what yet to say?
    I agree Cassius might be a bit over the top, although it's a name from Shakespeare. I suppose it was used by a couple of celebrities but Cassian, on the other hand, is unheard of and undiscovered. As between Julius and Julian I'd prefer Julian, here I pick Cassian. Some ideas for middle name may be Cassian Grey, Cassian Balthazar, Cassian Joel, Cassian Theodore and Cassian Orpheus.
    Ooo I love Cassian Theodore!

Post That's me

I was interested to read your post as I am a Cassian. In fact, since I know Madeleine Wickham, having met her shortly before she wrote the book you are referring to, I am possibly the Cassian.

From experience, the name seen as unusual but not bizarrely so. I can recommend it to any parent. I am now looking for a name for my own son, and my wife is refusing to consider any other name. Any suggestions for names with a similar flavour will be gratefully received.

Mabel // Juniper // Adelaide // Rosalind // Delaney // Winifred // Cecilia // Dorothy // Margaret // Georgia
    Everett // August // Edward // Julian // Ronan // Theodore // Kingston // Nathaniel // Archer // Gabriel