Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Disneyland/Disneyworld Trips??

Hi Berries!

So I am not a parent yet, however, I'd really love (when the time comes) to take my children to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Living in Australia means that we may settle for Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea or who knows maybe we'll save for a few years and head to Anaheim. Personally, I'd prefer Anaheim, but either way I want them to experience it. I'll be going on a trip to the US in 2015 so I'll probably be visiting Disney World (purely because that's where my tour will go; but we shall see.) Anyway, so when do you think is the perfect time for a family trip to Disneyland/Disneyworld? I am thinking 5 - 10 years, mostly because that's about the time that they become obsessed with Disney and they're still old enough to remember it, which is incredibly important because it'll only probably be a once-off experience. It'd be great to stay in a hotel within the park, but its so expensive so its unlikely we would be able to afford it. Also, has anyone visited any of them? I love hearing about each of the parks, especially because they're so different and yet so similar. If you've made the trip with kids feel free to write about that too.

Thanks!

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

We live in Australia too, we haven't been to Disneyland but we hope to take our kids once our eldest is about 10. That way they are old enough that they will remember the trip and truly enjoy the experience. For us we will probably end up going to Disneyland in Tokyo and also go to Seoul to visit a close friend while we're traveling but I would really really love to go to Disneyland in Anaheim too! Have to save lots and lots for that though!!!
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I was looking at the Disney webpage for their Disney cruise ships only yesterday.

The cruises look fantastic and I was impressed with the cabins for families and how they have good safety rails on the top bunks for the children.

I have been to Anaheim only once, it was April and it was so cold I had to buy a Mickey Mouse 'sloppy joe' to keep warm.

What about Disneyland France?

I live in Australia and I went to Tokyo Disneyland when I was sixteen. I was surprised that's it's exactly as I imagine Disneyland in America would be! I mean, all the signage was in English, etc. So I think children would find Tokyo Disneyland just as fun as Disneyland in America. I had an absolute ball when I went and I was sixteen! I'm sure younger kids would have an amazing time.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I was looking at the Disney webpage for their Disney cruise ships only yesterday.

The cruises look fantastic and I was impressed with the cabins for families and how they have good safety rails on the top bunks for the children.

I have been to Anaheim only once, it was April and it was so cold I had to buy a Mickey Mouse 'sloppy joe' to keep warm.

What about Disneyland France?
    Yeah, I have become a Disney fanatic the last few weeks, that's why I brought this up. Perusing from the Disney World sight to Disneyland's. I even looked at those cruises you mentioned, it looks pretty good!

I've read a few reviews on both Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland in Paris, apparently one of the issues most people found were the fact that there weren't many characters walking around to take photos with, which was a let down. They all said that it was too small, but I can't imagine me complaining about that since I've never been to any of them! But from everything I heard Paris is better than Hong Kong. Tokyo would probably be best from Australia though (based on distance alone.)

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas