Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Any better suggestions?

I recently posted asking for people to name my four unidentified characters in my current story. I really appreciate all the help I received and I have now successfully named three out my four characters. Unfortunately My main character still remains nameless... She is a girl at age 16. She comes from a wealthy family but she is very down to earth. She has a happy fun persona on the outside but has a darker more serious side that she keeps hidden until faced with conflict. Above all she is someone who knows what she wants and knows exactly how to get it. I also need to make sure that her name will pair well with her boyfriend's name {Everett}. I was testing Bailey for a while, but I'm not sure that's quite what I want. I think I would like to use the last name Collins. If you have any suggestions that you think would be better, or if you think I should stick with Bailey let me know! Thanks guys!
    ~CMAzdell

I don't like Bailey to begin with, but it's too happy-go-lucky for someone with a darker side, to me.

Mavery Collins
    Ashka Collins
    Deirdre Collins
    Amelin Collins
    Roselind Collins
    Winter Collins
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

If she's from old money, I say go with something classic like Caroline or Katherine, or something vintage, like Sybil or Olivia. If her family is nouveau-riche, Bailey could work. Have you tried looking at lists of the top 100 names from the character's birth year (1997 if the story takes place in the current day)?

Last edited by tawnysaurus; June 17th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

I like Winter with Everett. He could call her Winnie for short.

I also like Tamsin. Maybe Tam or Sin for short. Not a fan of Tammi(e).

How about Scout? I really pretty girl can pull off Scout easily and you could write a cool backstory for a name like that..