Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

5 weeks to go & we finally have something resembling a short list!

So, I thought we'd never get here but we nearly have a list of names to take to hospital ! Relief is what I am feeling, mostly, although I am still not completely in love with any of the names! So, I thought I'd ask for some opinions/help. We would love to honor someone with the middle name & have decided that that could be best done by having a name that means peace. Any/all middle name suggestions w/ our first names along this line are very welcome.

Our list looks like this at the moment:

Girls
    Mila nn Millie (we both LOVE Millie but are having trouble agreeing on a full name to get to the nn Millie)
    Eden nn Eddie or Edie (Spelling opinions on the nn welcome!)
    Amaia (prn Uh-my-uh)
    Stella

Boys
    Hugo
    Tate
    Lincoln

Some middle names that I have tried to pair up w/ the first names are Salomon and Humphrey for a boy and Olive or Salome for a girl. DH does not like Olive at all, though and thinks of Humphrey B. Bear (an Australian character & TV show for kids) with Humphrey.

Girls names - like Stella, love Estella; like Eden, think Edie is definitely the best nickname spelling; not totally thinking Amaya is your best bet; really like Mila, and think if you both love Millie, you should try for this direction.

So, others to get Millie - Emily, Amelia, Amelie, Melinda, Melanie, Mila, Milena, Mildred, Millicent, Camille, Camilla. Based on what your other names are on the list, I'm thinking Amelia, Amelie, Camille, and Camilla are the best options for your Millie nickname, along with Mila.

For middle names - Dove (symbol of peace), Irena/Irina, Salome, or Winifred. I love Olive, but if your husband doesn't, it probably isn't the name.

Combinations - Amelia Dove, Amelia Salome, Amelie Winifred, Amelie Dove, Camille Irina, Camille Salome, Camilla Salome, Camilla Winifred, Mila Salome, Mila Dove

Boys names - so great! Love them all. I think Lincoln is my favorite, followed by Hugo, followed by Tate. These are very different style-wise.

Middles - Humphrey is cool, but it sounds like husband isn't a fan. So, Absalom, Axel, Frederick, or Solomon.

Combinations - Lincoln Axel, Lincoln Frederick, Hugo Solomon, Hugo Frederick, Tate Absalom, Tate Frederick
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Thanks for your thoughtful, considered reply, lemon! Waiting for DH to get home so we can look at the combos together.

Mila/Millie - It sounds like you both like Millie more than Mila, so I agree with Lemon to try and get Millie somehow! She had some great suggestions. Milena, Amelia/Amelie, Melisande, or even Matilda could work.

Eden - If you want the nn pronounced Ee-dee, then definitely the Edie spelling makes the most sense. I don't love this one as much as your other names.

Amaia - Seems really trendy next to your other choices. What about Amalia or Amelia, or even Adara?

Stella - Cute, my second favourite of yours after Mila/Millie. Love Lemon's suggestion of Estella or Estelle.

Hugo - Cute!

Lincoln - I think the connotations are bit strong on this side of the ocean, but could work well otherwise. Linc is a cute nn.

Tate - My least favourite of your boys names, feels a bit abrupt.

Middle names meaning peace/dove/symbols of peace...
    Girls: Chessa, Dove, Serena, Olivia, Jemima
    Boys: Calum, Oliver, Jonah, Wilfred, Pax, Milo

Mila Dove, Millie Jemima, Mila Serena, Milena Dove
    Eden Chessa, Eden Jemima, Eden Olivia
    Amaia Dove
    Stella Dove, Stella Jemima

Hugo Calum, Hugo Oliver, Hugo Pax
    Lincoln Oliver, Lincoln Jonah, Lincoln Milo
    Tate Oliver, Tate Milo, Tate Wilfred

Lots of good suggestions above-- in addition to those names, you could also use Millie as a nn for Matilda (or switch to Tillie).

Some other combinations:

Milena Dove
    Stella Columbe
    Matilda Columbe
    Stella Rene
    Amaia Dove

Other names you might also like:

Adele, Adeline, Araminta, Astrid, Avis, Edith, Ellen, Helen, Sybil/Sybilla, Sylvie
    Ivo, Viggo, Valen, Milo, Grant, Trent, Soren, Stanley, Seth, Truman, Bruce, Lucian