Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I like it, and it isn't cruel but it doesn't work. I have a test: try the name in situations. Say the ln is Johnson. Can you picture a...
    Sunday Johnson, teacher
    Sunday Johnson, attorney at law
    Sunday Johnson, janitor
    Sunday Johnson, PhD
    Sunday Johnson, professor of physics
    Sunday Johnson, first woman on Mars

I can't see some of these, so the name would just be a GP. I love Summer, but it doesn't past my test. Sunny for Susannah is best, IMO

Here's a link for a thread about names Sunny can be a nn for. I like the idea of Soleil.
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...a-nickname-for
    ~Mehri

I think Sunday is very wearable, especially on a little blondy =)

I am not a fan of -son names on girls, but they would work.

Adison
    Emerson
    Sonnet
    Sonata
    Sonnia
    Sunniva

Of all of those, I really like Sunday the best.

I don't think it's too cruel. Nicole Kidman has a daughter named Sunday. Perhaps she has made it a little more accessible. The only thing though is people will probably wonder if Sunday has a special meaning to you? Like was she born a sunday? Are you religious? etc etc.

Another possible idea is to choose a name that means Sun...and just call her sunny as a nickname.

Some examples of names that mean Sun...

-Soleil (literally means Sun in French)
    -Kalinda
    -Marisol
    -Eliana
    -Apollonia (feminine version of Apollo - The Sun God)
    -Cyra

I personally think Sunday is a really nice way to get to Sunny, and isn't nearly as outlandish as it would've been a few years ago, or even as insane as some of the names we're hearing now!

I had the same southern vibe from Susanna, until I realized it also has a long history in Britain as well. Shakespeare's daughter was even named Susanna, that really gives it a more intellectual edge for me! I find the spelling Susannah with an h seems southern still, but Susanna makes me think of Shakespeare and Susanna Clarke, a fantastic modern British author (she wrote Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel), I think the historic and literary connection really make the name appealing!