Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Then what about Suzanne or Susan?

Or you could name her Sonya or Sondra nn Sonny (or even Sunny, really).
    Last edited by gabriela; June 16th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

I like Sunday, but as you see there are some legitimate concerns with it. I love the suggestions of Susannah & Summer! Some other suggestions to get the name Sunny......

Sundara- technically a male name but I think it would work well on a little girl
    Sana- cute and also means brilliance, radiance, splendour
    Sonary- This name has it's originates from the Thai language. Roughly translated, it means a beautiful girl (according to baby name wizard...)
    Sonora
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Sunday is quite Dragnet to me... sounds like Joe Friday... I find it to be a guilty pleasure name, or great as a mn. That's mostly because, like Sunshine, it's a great name for a little kid, but not such a great name for a career... Imagine being a prosecutor named Sunday Jones... eek! It just wouldn't age well... My mom's nn was Sunny, and her name had nothing to do with the Sun (and didn't have Sun- in it), so choose a professional name and nickname her Sunny.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I don't think Sunday is cruel at all. Not compared to some names. It's actually growing on me since Nicole and Keith chose it for their first daughter. I quite like Sunday with Sunny for a nickname.

I like Sunday. It's not a name I'd use myself, but it's nice. I have a crush on the name Sunna, a name from Norse mythology.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B3l_(sun)

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~