Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Cruel is a very strong word. Sunday certainly isn't cruel. However, I don't see the point in putting Sunday on her birth certificate for two reasons: 1) Sunday isn't any "namier" than Sunny and 2) Sunday and Sunny are the same length. The nickname is pointless. Honestly, I think you could name her anything and still call her Sunny. It's one of those nicknames that doesn't have to be connected to the given name.

Have you considered Susannah? I know Susannah nn Sunny is a stretch, but Susannah is cheerful and bright. It's got the "Su" and the "nn"...
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I don't think it's awful, but it's really no more grounded/serious than Sunny. It seems to me the point of picking a full name for Sunny is to give her something to fall back on if she wants to be seen as more professional or get taken more seriously at times...and Sunday won't give her that at all. I adore Sunny as a nickname for Susanna, though. So cute, and Susanna has a similar happy vibe as Sunny but is more established as a formal name with a great history.

For me, Susannah is sort of southern-belle, something I might name her if I lived in Lousiana or Georgia. But I live in Illinois. Sorry, I know I'm being picky.
    And niftylavalamp, that's exactly what I mean by cruel. I'm worried Sunday would be a one-way road to teasing during her schoolyears, and then not being taken seriously later on.

Sunny is too cutesy and Sunday to me is kind of silly, it's the day of a week! not a name, but I'm not a huge fan of word names.

But if I had to pick, I'd pick Sunny. After all there are people with that name, like Sunny Sweeney (country music artist) and then there was Sonny and Cher.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Quote Originally Posted by aussiesteph View Post
    I have a little girl in my class called Sunday... the name is not my style but I would never consider it cruel. I think it is fine to use.
    Exactly this. Although Sunday is a bit of a GP to me.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]