42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jack

30 71.43%
  • Johnny

12 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which one?

Which one?

I posted a thread on the name Johnny a week or two ago and got some great help from all of you. It is my husband's new favorite contender and I am liking it too. But he also really loves Jack and I wonder if that goes better with our daughters' names (Sophie and Violet). We have several other names on our list still (Oliver, August, Asher, Finn, Rhett) but my husband doesn't love any of them and I want to be prepared with my top choice between his two current favorites. I may post another poll later with all 6 or 8 of our names but I really would like some help deciding between his top two names. Thank you again for all your continuing help! I have posted tons of times and I'm sure I will be back posting again a few more times in the next 6 weeks or so before he is born. Thank you!!

I prefer Johnny as Jack is overused these days. However, they are both diminutives of 'John', so just name him John... it's better as an adult, anyhow. Plus, then you can both have your own nickname for him if you want.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I prefer Johnny myself, but I think you should use John and let his nickname be Johnny. Much easier to deal with as an adult IMO.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

Yeah, I agree with the suggestions of naming him John. Then you can see whether he is a Johnny or a Jack, and can legitimately use either as a nickname.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I'm in total opposition of the others, haha--I know so many Johnnys that I'm just sick of the name. Jack seems so cool and refreshing to me! (Which is why I have it on my list to honor all those Johns and Johnnys in my family tree!) I like Sophie, Violet, and Jack more than Sophie, Violet, and Johnny, too. But I agree, if he's a John, you could just see which suits him better when he arrives. Neither works badly with Sophie and Violet, imo.