Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Graduation Advice

This isn't related to babies in any form, I just didn't know where else to post this question.

I was recently invited to a graduation party for a family that has one son graduating college, one son from high school and two daughters from kindergarten. The mother invited me because this past season I coached her daughters, and she said the girls would love it if they could see me and celebrated this with them. I plan to take each of them a card with 5-10 dollars in it.

My question is whether or not I have to take the elder two any cards/gifts. Neither have met me, and the only reasons I know their names are because their mother put it on the invitation. Even if I signed the card, the two wouldn't know who I was.

What advice do you ladies have for me?
    Last edited by jamiejamiemomamie; June 19th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I would just do the cards/money for the little girls you know. You can say congratulations and introduce yourself to the others at the party but since you are going for the little ones, everyone will think you are a sweetheart for coming to celebrate them and I highly doubt anyone would expect anything else in regards to the other siblings. By the way, how special for them that you'll be there! I bet that means so much to them!
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Just for the little girls you know. You were invited as their guests, not the older two.

Thank you. That's what I thought, but my friends seemed to think that was outrageous.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

If I were in this position, I would still give the older two cards, at least. Just a sort of general "congrats, grad" type thing..it wouldn't even have to be something deeply personal. I'd hand the girls (or their mother) their cards, then say something along the lines of "I know I haven't really had the opportunity to meet Brother1 and Brother2, but I picked up a couple of cards for them for their big day as well". The party is apparently for each of the children after all. That's what I personally would do..

Another option could be to just to verbally congratulate the boys at the party, and that's it..there's nothing wrong with that at all.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie