Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby Girl #3

Baby Girl #3

I have two daughters and am expecting a third. I have Elliot Jo and Foster Helen (middle names are my grandmas name and my husbands grandmas name). I realize surnames/boy names are not loved by everyone on little girls. Right now, I'm loving the name Hartley for #3. What do you think? Does it "fit"? Any other suggestions? (Not interested in super trendy names like Addison, Emerson, Peyton, etc.) Thanks!

Hartley works well as a sister for an Elliot and Forster. It does sounds similar to Harley and Hailey. I think Rose is pretty as a middle name.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I'm not a big fan of Hartley, but it does fit in with your other two girls.

Here are some other suggestions you might like:

Reeve
    Bailey
    Brentley
    Stormi
    Regis
    Remington (I think the nn Remi is so cute)
    Jamisen (nn Jamie)
    Reed
    Presley
    Sydney

With Elliot Jo and Foster Helen, Hartley works, but I just feel like you started out with such above-the-curve names (I'm not sure when your Elliot was born, but it's blowing up for girls just now, and Foster is way cool on any gender!), and -ley names are a dime a dozen. I'm not saying that to slight your choice in the least - just throwing that out there.

In Hartley's place, I would suggest the equally playful and accessible, but decidedly surname-chic, Halsey. Easy to pronounce: [HALL-szee].

That's my top pick for you, but I'd also suggest Tallis, Carden, Ashlan, or Sutton.

Lemon
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Hartley works well with the other unisex names you have.