Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick! Help me!

Hybrid View

Cool Quick! Help me!

My wife is being induced on Monday (decided for us yesterday) so we thought we had better go through the names we had previously written down and come to some kind of consensus - or at least narrow it down to a couple of names for each sex (don't know which variety we are having).

To narrow the list down, and hopefully pick the same name, we secretly picked our top three names for each sex and compared... completely different choices for both sexes!

Can you help by letting us know what you think of the names or suggesting alternatives along similar lines?

I choose Saffron, Rose and Summer for a girl (though Tilly is really growing on me) and Jasper, Angus and Barney for a boy.

My wife chose Daisy, Molly and Jemima for a girl and Noah and Isaac for a boy...Apparently you lose the ability to count when pregnant! Actually she didn't like any of the others enough to pick a third.

The full lists:

Girls:

Daisy, Saffron, Rose, Molly, Tilly, May, Autumn, Summer, Florence, Jemima, Maizie

Boys:

Angus, Noah, Alfie, Isaac, Archie, Jasper, Barney, Barnaby

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Rumplestiltskin

All of the names are truly nice, so I think your child will be well-named no matter what you pick! I'm particularly partial to Daisy, Saffron, Rose and Florence for the girls and Jasper, Barnaby.

Since you like Tilly, Molly and May, what about Matilda? June also came to mind. For a boy: Duncan, Andrew, Burton and Barnum.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

My favourite for each gender has to be Florence and Noah.

Hello Author in writing...This is rumplestiltskin's wife....I think that your preferences are similar to my husband. I do like Daisy though.
    We did consider Matilda (which I think is pretty) but it seems a bit of a mouthful and too many syllables for us.
    Thank you for your suggestions we think they are interesting. We shall consider them too!

Cannebella...You seem to prefer the names that I might choose...especially Noah! Our problem is coming to a mutual agreement. Thank you for your suggestions too. There are some in your list we had not considered either. I still think it's going to be a difficult one....more so for the boy's names as I really like Noah and Isaac and my husband really prefers Jasper...OH DEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    I choose Saffron, Rose and Summer for a girl (though Tilly is really growing on me) and Jasper, Angus and Barney for a boy.

My wife chose Daisy, Molly and Jemima for a girl and Noah and Isaac for a boy...Apparently you lose the ability to count when pregnant! Actually she didn't like any of the others enough to pick a third.

The full lists:

Girls:

Daisy, Saffron, Rose, Molly, Tilly, May, Autumn, Summer, Florence, Jemima, Maizie

Boys:

Angus, Noah, Alfie, Isaac, Archie, Jasper, Barney, Barnaby
    Congratulations!

I've made some sets of the names you both chose. Here they are, starting from my favourites:

Jemima Summer
    Florence Summer (generally, I find Summer to be better as middle than first)
    Florence May
    Tilly May (May - see Summer)

Angus Barnaby
    Jasper Barnaby
    Barnaby Isaac

Archie & Alfie are lovely too, but I'd rather use them as a nicknames and give the little man full name Archibald / Archer (which is supercute itself) or Alfred.
    So maybe - Archer Isaac?

Good luck!
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

Soon-to-be aunt for the first time!