Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Congratulations! Based on your lists and what sounds good together I would pick Frances Violet & Jasper Leo. Good luck! xx

Frances isn't a wearable name for a seventh grader. Or a twenty year old. Or a toddler.
    Pick names that'll work all throughout your child's life.
    Some people are worth melting for.

Quote Originally Posted by maewynmannix View Post
    Frances isn't a wearable name for a seventh grader. Or a twenty year old. Or a toddler.
    It might just be me, the dumbass foreigner, again here, but what exactly makes Frances a less wearable name than say, one of the names in your signature (not one bad word about them, just an example)? Sure it's an old-ish name, but it's not nearly in the same "don't age/do well" category as Rainbow, Serenity or Dolly for instance. I know a Frances, sure the name is pronounced differently in Danish, but I've known her since she was sixteen and it has always suited her perfectly well - both as a sixteen year old and now, as a twenty-five year old
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Quote Originally Posted by maewynmannix View Post
    What an odd thing to say. You are aware that all of the older women named Frances were once seventh graders, twenty year olds, and toddlers, right? Therefore, it does work throughout a child's life. I also want to add that I went to school with a Frances, and I can assure you that her name was perfectly wearable in seventh grade. She was called Frances when she was a toddler, so I can only assume that it was wearable then. I'm sure Frances will be just as wearable in two years when she's twenty as well.

Leo and Phoebe is my favorite pairing. Frances and Leo is very nice as well. I loved the suggestions of Hugo and Oscar.
    Last edited by southern.maple; June 15th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions!

mischa: I love Leo Raphael, Leo Jasper, & Leo Peregrine. I pratically love all your Frances mn suggestions, I can't choose a favorite. Iris and Jack are really cute too, plus I'm now considering Hugo since not only is it a great name but it honors my dad in a way (he goes by Hugh).

davisellu: So many lovely suggestions! My favorites are probably Persephone, Josephine, Flora, Octavia, Honora, Pearl, Hugo, Lucian, Florence, and Theo.

thatkathryngirl: I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

shvibziks: OMG I love your twin combos! I hadn't liked Agnes before, but Agnes and Leo sound adorble together! So does Flynn and Ottilie. I love Leo Helios, Flynn Illyrio, Flynn Leonidas, Agnes Ophelia, and Agnes Heloise. Also, I agree with what you said about Frances; it's not like I'm naming my daughter Pixie or Moon Unit.

maewynmannix: Personally, as someone who knew a Frances growing up, I think it's extremely wearable at any age. If she didn't like her name for some reason, she'd also have a plethora of nicknames to choose from: Franny, Frankie, etc.

southern.maple: I agree with your thoughts on Frances

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I have so many options to choose from now I'm open for any other suggestions, comments, advice, etc.