Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First and middle name both ending in A. What are your thoughts about this name?

We are still working on this name and I have roughly 2 months to settle on one. We have an Elizabeth Kennedy,Margaret Olivia, Victoria Camryn, William Brogden, Jackson MCcrae, and a Miles Sawyer. We were initially thinking of Katherine Adeliah for this next baby. Adeliah is pronounced Ad eh lye a . We then decided we really wanted to honor my grandmother and name the baby
    Lydia. So we now have Lydia Adeliah. We like the name but are worried about both names ending in A. Its sounds a little more frilly than my other girls names but I dont mind that. I am not sure but when saying it the stress seems to be on the 3rd syllable Lye in Adeliah. What do you think?

Since Lydia and Adeliah are different lengths and have stress on different syllables, I think it works fine.
    Emily | 18 | Southeastern US.
    History major, name nerd, and fantasy geek.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

The names are too similar to begin with for me. They both have the same L, D and A sounds. So it sounds very run-on when said together. I would rethink this combo.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

I think they sound fine together. People rarely say that first name and middle name in combination anyway, so I tend to think we berries put too much emphasis on the flow of the first and middle name. Go with what you love!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Thanks ladies! I have thought about sticking another middle name in there, like maybe a one syllable name like Jane. My husband prefers Katherine but that is way too long of a name even though our last name is 2 syllables. Its been hard for me because I would prefer the first and middle names not to be so similar,like my other children's names. I love both names and really want to use Lydia so I feel I am stuck.