Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: one week to go

one week to go

Waiting on baby, still undecided about names. I've posted some of these names before while mulling over names in previous months
    Here's our list as of today:

Hadley Lavinia
    Hadley Rowan
    Genevieve Virginia (you can use the nickname Gwen for this, correct?)
    Genevieve Lavinia
    Virginia Rowan
    Virginia Sloane

(hesitations about Virginia: I personally would not want to use the nickname Ginny and foresee someone labeling her with this nn)

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

I like all of the options. About Virginia's nn possibility... yes I can see someone calling her Ginny, but the best you could do if you use the name is either just go with it, ask the person not to call her Ginny, or have you and your SO come up with a nickname for Virginia you do like, and start off by calling her that (so that hopefully people will call her by the nickname of your choice rather than Ginny).

My favorite combo for each first name:

Hadley Lavinia
    Genevieve Lavinia
    Virginia Sloane

Favorite overall: Hadley Lavinia.

"Gwen" for Genevieve? Yes, I think so, though it may not be obvious to some people.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I would not use Gwen as a nn for Genevieve. I'd be more likely to use Genny or even Ginny (which you don't like, but I personally adore). Gwen is short for Gwendolyn in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by deirdre227 View Post
    Waiting on baby, still undecided about names. I've posted some of these names before while mulling over names in previous months
    Here's our list as of today:

Hadley Lavinia
    Hadley Rowan
    Genevieve Virginia (you can use the nickname Gwen for this, correct?)
    Genevieve Lavinia
    Virginia Rowan
    Virginia Sloane

(hesitations about Virginia: I personally would not want to use the nickname Ginny and foresee someone labeling her with this nn)

Let me know what you think! Thanks!
    Hmm...
    Hadley Lavinia - I'm not really a major Hadley fan. Yet I do see the appeal and she works well with Lavinia.
    Hadley Rowan - Way too masculine. Both Hadley and Rowan are considered unisex names but were originally male names together this combination feels far to masculine. Despite this I do love Rowan.
    Genevieve Virginia - I love Genevieve so pretty, regal and timeless. I think Genevieve sounds very sweet and effortless I love the range of nicknames Eve, Evie, Eva, Gen, and Ginny (yet I don't know whether you can use Gwen as a nickname for Gwendolyn, Gwyneth, or Gunievere and names with that 'sound' but not for Genevieve which has a more Gen sound) despite this not keen on Virginia.
    Genevieve Lavinia - I like this she has a really sweet European vibe and looks very wholesome. I adore the whole effect of this combination. Genevieve Lavinia works perfectly together and has a great flow.
    Virginia Rowan - Love Rowan especially teamed with a classic girl's name however I really dislike Virginia.
    Virginia Sloane - I think Sloane is really cool and edgy yet I dislike Virginia.

My favourite is Genevieve Lavinia. I also love the idea of Genevieve Rowan.

I love Genevieve Lavinia and Genevieve Virginia. I think they're both gorgeous. I also like your other options, but these are my favorites

Juliet, Willow, Camilla, Luna, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Aurelia, Lumina, Lavender

Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim