Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ways to use Lyons as Aurelia's middle name?

We are expecting a surprise in August... Our surname is Forman

If they are a boy we are set on Peregrine Lyons "Penn". Lyons was my grandmother's grandmother's maiden name, and is also my uncle's middle name. After deciding on the boy's name I realised how happy I am about the idea of using my uncle's name and how much it means to him, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to use Lyons for a girl?

The first name will most likely be Aurelia...I have thought of Lyonet (the Arthurian character) but I don't really like how it sounds... Maybe Lenore? Other middles we like are Fern, Violet (but so popular), Artemis, Maeve..

Anyone have any ideas?
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????

I like Aurelia Lyonet and Aurelia Artemis. Maybe you should use Aurelia Lyons?
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I much prefer Aurelia Maeve or Aurelia Fern. Aurelia Lyons is a LOT of L's... kinda like a tongue twister. Aurelia Lenora has the rhymy -a -a. The only other way is 2 mns... I still much prefer Lyons to Lenora.

I wouldn't use Aurelia Artemis, as it will slur to Aureliartemis.
    Aurelia Maeve Lyons- I think I prefer this one...
    Aurelia Fern Lyons- Fern is a bit too grounded when put with Lyons...
    Aurelia Violet Lyons- Too many L's for me...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Why can't you use Aurelia Lyons? Honestly, I feel that using any name other than Lyons gets rid of the family significance. Aurelia Maeve Lyons is really pretty if you want to break up Aurelia and Lyons.
    Emily | 18 | Southeastern US.
    History major, name nerd, and fantasy geek.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I suppose I thought both Iris's names were quite feminine, and my DH isn't a massive fan on Lyons for a girl, though the more I think about it I don't mind it as is. I know exactly what you mean Southernmaple!

I really don't want to do two middle names as my stepson and daughter just have the one, and have two and it's a pain on forms.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Long time name lover...

DD - Iris Ophelia (2011)
    D? - due August... Peregrine Lyons or Aurelia ?????