Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name goes best with Sansa Nanami?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adelaide Hanako

13 14.77%
  • Agnes Indira

19 21.59%
  • Astoria Miharu

56 63.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    @sansa_nanami, could you tell, what's the story behind these names? I've never heard neither Sansa nor Nanami before. And they are not in Nameberry base
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

Soon-to-be aunt for the first time!

yael: Of course!

Sansa - Is a name I came across when reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George RR Martin; it was the name of one of his female POV characters. I hadn't heard it before then and I ended up thinking it was a really beautiful, uncommon, but not weird name. Over time, it grew on me to the point where I couldn't let go of it. The character in the book herself is one that I can identify with, so that made the connection a bit stronger. As to pure name origins, I'm not sure if Sansa is a "real" name, although I have heard it is Sanskrit, or possibly linked to the name Sancha (name meaning: pious, holy).

Nanami - Is a Japanese name. I've noticed Nameberry is lacking a lot in at least the Japanese name base, sadly. Nanami's name meaning can vary a little based on what kanji characters it would have been written with, but the meaning I'd intend with using it is "seven seas." Water, in an obscure way, has a lot of meaning in my life, and so the idea of a water name really appealed to me. I also loved the soft, sweet cadence of Nanami when spoken. More broadly, some Japanese heritage in the family plus a love of the culture made it more something that I liked the idea of, having my child receive a Japanese name for a MN.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I think Astoria goes the best with Sansa. Adelaide and Agnes have a more vintage vibe to them. Stylistically I think Astoria just fits better since its a little more "out there" too.

I voted for Astoria. Like other posters have mentioned, Astoria is the best fit because it's a rare choice like Sansa. Adelaide and Agnes are both well-known names with centuries of use, so they both feel very odd with Sansa.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James Alexander
    ♀ | Jane Anne Helen Caroline Phoebe Georgia Gwen Sylvie

While I think all of these names can work, I voted for Astoria Miharu. As I have seen you around on...listography, I think, I still love Sansa and Astoria for you.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]