Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    In Oz, too...Penelope is my absolute favorite name for a little girl. We are due in 5 weeks but, sadly, DH will not even consider Penelope! : ( I love the potential nicknames of Nellie and Pippa. I worried about the KK thing (before I resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be able to use the name due to DH's objection), too. However, I have not heard of any little Penelopes in the US (I was born & raised in the US w/ all my family still there and lots of friends w/ young kids/babies) thru the grapevine. I have a feeling it is going to get popular here in Oz but, it is just a hunch as I have not heard about any little Penelopes here, either. I have only met one in my 9 years here (and I teach primary school) & she is now 12 and goes by the nn Penny.

I also like Beatrix & Felicity but not as much as Penelope! I think Flick is a spunky little nn and Bea is very sweet.

I am shocked that I would vote this way, but I think Beatrix. I am usually annoyed with it because I like Beatrice so much better. Penelope is skyrocketing. I hear it everywhere all the time. Felicity is just not my cup of tea. I am not sure if I like it or not. Beatrix has more substance than the other two.

Felicity is my least favorite--Beatrix and Penelope are both...ballsier? Not in an androgynous sort of way!

I realize Penelope may have lost a little edge with it's growing popularity and its garnering of the dreaded Kardashian stamp of approval; I still think it's got style And Beatrix is just kind of rad (Beatrix Kiddow, anyone?)

Felicity is pretty enough, and definitely not overdone, but that's about it, for me anyway.
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

Thanks so much to everyone for your responses! A complete range, but very helpful I'm really liking these three as a sibset - here's hoping for three girls!

I like Beatrix and Penelope are great names with fantastic nicknames - Beat and Penny or Trixie and Penny. If I had to rank them, I would say that I slightly prefer Beatrix. However, I don't think the Kardashians have ruined Penelope- they are a flash in the pan.

I don't like the name Felicity as much as the other two. In a sibset with Beatrix and Penelope, I like Evelyn (Evie), Eleanor (Ellie or Nora), Eliza (Ellie or Liz), Genevieve (Genni or Eve) and Gwendolyn (Gwen).
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.