Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Beatrix, Penelope or Felicity?

Hi everyone! Wondering which is your favourite girls name out of Beatrix, Penelope or Felicity and why? What do you think of the names individually and in a sibset? Thanks so much for any help.
    Also: sub-question: how popular is Penelope do you think? I'm in Australia if it makes a difference, but I'm SO ANNOYED with Kourtney Kardashian. I love the name Penelope and I'm afraid she's ruining it!
    Jemima

My favorite would be Penelope, with Beatrix as a close second. Felicity is all right, but I'm not really into it. I think the three would make a nice sister-set though!

Despite KK using it, I haven't really noticed any new Penelopes or middle name Penelopes in my area. So I don't think it's quite as big as people worried it would become since her using the name. The only personal experience I'd had with it is that I used to have Penelope as a top name, and I shared it with my mother when she asked what sort of names I liked for her grandchildren, etc. She didn't like it and thought it was pretentious/odd. Fast forward a few years, and KK uses it... my mother, who watches the family's show, now thinks it's a beautiful name. However, no need to worry about my mother using it; she is many years post-hysterectomy.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I love Beatrix! It's adorably vintage with a bit of an edge, and so underused, a great pick in my opinion. Beatrix, Felicity and Penelope would make a great sibset too.

Penelope is a beautiful name, and if you really love it I'd say go for it! It's not popular at all where I live (Southwestern US). In fact, I've never even met a Penelope in real life. Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned with the Kardashian reference, over time that association will begin to fade in people's minds. For instance, when I hear the name Penelope my first thought is always *Penelope Cruz* not *Oh, that's Khloe Kardashian's daughters name". It's a lovely name that has a far-reaching history that goes beyond any pop-culture reference, a real classic in my honest opinion.
    Twenty-something musician, yogini and name lover who dreams of strolling the boulevards of Paris by day and writing songs by night.

Mes prénoms préfères;

Elodie ~ Sylvie ~ Vivienne ~ Giovanna ~ Beatrice ~ Seraphina ~ Marguerite ~ Edith ~ Cosette ~ Isadora ~

Alexander ~ Marcel ~ Elias ~ Nicholas ~ James ~ Henry ~ Rowan ~ Django ~ Kai ~ Tristan ~ Luca

Penelope is my favourite! I have adored it for such a long time, but doubt I would use this name for a future daughter now that Kourtney Kardashian has used it. (I am Australian too).

Felicity is my favorite name in the whole world! To me it has everything - history, an unbeatable meaning, a range of good nicknames, and it sounds happy but fancy at the same time. I know a lot of people on here love Beatrix and Penelope but I've just never gotten into either of them. Penelope is trendy at the moment (& I think it'll get more popular but I don't think it's too popular to use) and Beatrix just reminds me of Trix cereal. Also, I had never heard of Beatrix before naming websites and I think Beatrice is the well-known version (if that matters to you). Felicity is by far my favorite!
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814