Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Magnolia and Anneliese

Do these names clash horribly as sister names? The southernness of Magnolia and the Germanness of Anneliese?

These are my two top girl names right now for our first (due in Dec, gender TBA). DH is more sold on Magnolia, so that's current #1. But if we use one does it rule out the other for the future?

mn and nn plans are
    Magnolia Irene nn May or Maisie
    Anneliese Deborah nn Elise, Lisie, Liesel?

Both have particular personal significance. We have both lived in the US South for extended times and Magnolias are iconic there and associated with good memories. Anneliese is the name of a sweet foster grandmother who is possibly close to the end of her life. mns are my mother (Irene) and MIL (Deborah).

For reference, other possible future sibling names are Reuben, Ezra, Ezekiel, Jedidiah, Abraham, Naomi Christine or Winnifred Christine, Josephine, Mirabel...

Thoughts? Alternative suggestions for mns or nns?

I think they go together quite well, actually... Magnolia also has Maggie, Nola, Lia, Aggy, Oli/ Olly, etc. Anneliese also has Nelly (Neli) there in the middle...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

They would be lovely sibset.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I think they would be lovely together
    CURRENT LOVES:
    Blythe Magnolia Lark - Roscoe Maverick Hawk

Well, thanks for the reassurance!

@tfzolghadr, thanks for the suggestion of Nell! Wouldn't have thought of that out of Anneliese, but love it in general. Have to see if DH would go for it...he's also opposed to Maggie. Most of the other Magnolia options aren't appealing to me except Lia. I also realized that Ann or Anna would be very reasonable with May.

I like Elise best out of Anneliese, but it seems too close to Maisie. Unless we just used May without Maisie. Maggie and Elise seem a perfect combo to me, but I guess DH has a say in it, too. May/Maisie and Nell/Nellie is a maybe a cute alternative.

Or perhaps we could just always say the full names?
    Last edited by loisvs; June 16th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.