Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your opinions on these names....

I am struggling to decide what three names (two girls and one boy), I should add to my list - names already on my list are posted below in my signature. Arlo is also on that list.

What do you think of these names and which names would you add to the list?

Mabel
    Millicent
    Charlotte
    Edith
    Agnes
    Mary
    Maud
    Wilhelmina
    Josephine

Millicent, Charlotee, Edith, Agnes, Wilhelmina and Josephine have been on the list before. I'm not 100% sure on Wilhelmina or Josephine.

Albert
    Hector
    Arthur
    Theodore
    Rufus
    Archibald - the name of my black axolotl...
    Hugo
    Atticus

Hector, Theodore, Hugo and Atticus have been on the list before. I'm not 100% sure on Arthur, Theodore, Rufus or Archibald. Boys names are hard for me.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by fiammetta; June 14th, 2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to say how many names of each gender!!
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Mabel- I love this name. Its darling but also down to earth. I use that word a lot...
    Millicent- It sounds so harsh to me. The nickname Millie would soften it, though.
    Charlotte- I think its a nice middle name, but I personally am tired of seeing it as a first, though I do like the thought of the nn Charley.
    Edith- Kind of harsh, like Millicent, but without a softening nickname.
    Agnes- I love this name. Its very bookish, spart, chic, and strong; its akin to Sylvia for me, both names I enjoy.
    Mary- I actually like this name. All the Mary's I met were super sweet. I also love Rosemary or Rosemarie.
    Maud- Same as Edith.
    Wilhelmina- Its very interesting, a lot of weight to it, but I think the nickname Willa is worth it.
    Josephine- Love this name as a whole. I don't like possible nn's Josie or Jo, though. Maybe Josa or Joy?

Albert- I've never liked this name. I already disliked Al and bert, and then they put it together.
    Hector- I always think of a mischevious, rude-mouth boy when I think of this name. And my mom's boxer.
    Arthur- Love this name. Everything about it, even the nickname Art.
    Theodore- I appreciate its approachable, kind-hearted sound.
    Rufus- Never have been sure about this one.
    Archibald - I think its funny and quirky to pair for a pet! For a child? Maybe not. Archie is kind of cute though.
    Hugo- I appreciate it's vowels.
    Atticus- Very coo., strong name. But its becoming pretty trendy out there. I've met a hipster dad who named his son this, who was dressed in hipster baby gear. It was too cute.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Mabel - I really like it. PASS
    Millicent - I think of Millicent Bulstrode from Harry Potter. Not a fan. FAIL
    Charlotte - I like it, especially the nickname Lottie. PASS
    Edith - Old-lady-ish. FAIL
    Agnes - It doesn't sound pretty. FAIL
    Mary - Plain, but it passes. PASS
    Maud - Naaah FAIL
    Wilhelmina - Not a fan at all. FAIL
    Josephine - Good. PASS

Albert - Old man name. FAIL
    Hector - It's decent enough. PASS
    Arthur - Weasley or the ant eater? Meh, it's alright. PASS
    Theodore - Nice. PASS
    Rufus - Good. PASS
    Archibald - I like Archie, but not Archibald as much. I'll give it a pass. PASS
    Hugo - Not my favorite, but it's nice. PASS
    Atticus - Not a fan. FAIL

Girls Names Report Card
    FOUR passes, FIVE fails. You FAIL with a streak of 55%, earning you an F.

Boys Names Report Card
    SIX passes, TWO fails. You PASS with a streak of 75%, earning you a C+.

Overall Report Card
    TEN passes, SEVEN fails. You PASS with a streak of 59%, earning you an overall grade of D.

I think it was just the girls names that I didn't like that sort of tanked your score.

Thanks for the feedback! It's very much appreciated.

@charlieandperry1: I am loving Arthur more. Especially with the vintage nickname of Art. Arthur, Edith and Mabel are lovely! Girls are also a hard pick for me - I love too many to pick which ones I like more than the other. I do love Downton Abbey, but I hadn't picked up on the Edith and Sibyl connection - perhaps I may still use Edith as it's unlikely I will use both in a sibset when the time comes. Thank you so much for that! I don't come across many people that sincerely like my names, so that means a lot. If only I could have 20 children!

@heytherepigeon: Interesting way of presenting feedback!
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Edith, Hector, Rufus, Archibald are the only ones I don't like. The rest are lovely!! I love old people names, not because they have a hipster feel, but because they are so pretty and classic and even a little spunky. Add Winifred to your list for girls. I am so obsessed with this name. It goes great with Agnes as a mn I also love love love Faye and Anne. So simple, strong, and yet classic and delicate too.
    I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn