Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on the name Hamilton?

I grew up with someone named Hamilton and always thought he had a very strange name, now that I've been thinking about it, I'm considering it to be a name for my future son. I don't like the name Milton at all but I think Hamilton is much cuter and even a bit more modern than Milton. I would want my son to like his name, and I wouldn't want him to be ridiculed or anything so I was wondering what you guys thought of it. The old names do come back !
    Future Names:

Girls:
    Harper, Athena, Phoebe, Lola, Violet, Eloise

Boys:
    Cooper, Roman, Leo,

I went to college with a Hamilton who went by Hammie, which I hated. Hammy. Hammie. Ham. Urg. But as far as I know, he liked being a Hamilton.

And all that said, I would totally get behind a Hamilton nn Milo! I think that's totally striking, and I like the history tied to Alexander Hamilton.

I think it is more usable on a dog, but I love nn Milo, but he may be called Ham which is not a nice association. Love the history connection.
    ~Mehri

my first thought - ham.

Hamilton is a very old family name for me, and it's been on my list since I made my first "real" list in ninth grade. I love it. I have a hard time imagining it as a first name because it's always a middle name in my family... I could see it though. Milo is genius as a nickname. My grandmother's brother goes by Hamil.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia