Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names Like Caroline

So I'm having a really hard time thinking of a name for a new character I'm working on. The name Caroline feels right, but unfortunately my main character is named Maren (and this one is MC's best friend).
    Is it too weird to have names that start with similar sounds and end with an "n" sound for best friends? Or does it work anyway?
    If it doesn't work, do you have any suggestions for names like Caroline? I love that it's a mixture of soft and hard, in a way. I'm considering Cassidy but it sounds too spunky for the character, who is more mellow.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just getting frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think it works, but Maren and Madeline wouldn't. Caroline and Maren aren't perfect, but they look very different on paper, which is most important for me.
    ~Mehri

They don't sound perfect together, but they do look considerably different from one another, which is good for reading.

Other ideas that might work:

Carolina
    Audrey
    Charlotte
    Winifred
    Adelaide
    Celeste
    Juliet
    Abigail
    Georgette

They're friends, not siblings. Doesn't matter. Completely irrelevant. I know a number of friends who have the SAME name... So don't worry about it. Maren and Caroline don't sound close enough to matter in the least.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Caroline is just fine!

Personally, I think Caroline sounds totally fine with Maren. But, if you really don't want to use Caroline you can use some form of nn like Callie, CeCe, or Carolina