24 45.28%
  • Violet Caroline

17 32.08%
  • Violet Sara

4 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Still working on the middle names

We are struggling so much with middle names for a girl! I'd love your advice. My son's middle name honors my father (John Patrick) and brother (Patrick Michael). My first daughter's name honors my grandmother (Madelyn) and my husband's grandmother (Esther). My second daughter's name honors my mom and sister-in-law (both named Susan). We really don't have any other prominent women in our lives to honor except for my mother-in-law (Connie Lou). Connie and Lou are nearly impossible to use in the middle. But she hates Constance because she was always called Constance even though her full name is just Connie. I believe Lou came from her grandmother Louisa, which is where we are getting Louisa. The only other important women in our lives that we would want to honor are my husband's aunt Carol, who passed away from cancer seven years ago) and my best friend in the world, Sara. There are other family names we can use, but none that really honor someone important to us.

Anyway, my poll has some of the combos we are considering. Please choose your favorite for each first name. And if you have other advice or suggestions, please comment below. Thanks as always, berries!

If it's a boy, he will be Theodore James after my husband's great-grandfather Theodore and my favorite uncle James.

Oh, and one other thing -- my niece (whose grandmother was Carol) already has the middle name Caroline, after her grandma. I don't think they would mind if we used it too, and I would definitely talk to them first. But would this be enough to make you avoid it?
    Last edited by shieldsc; June 14th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Glad to see so much love for Louisa. It's probably my top choice as an honor name, but I keep worrying that it doesn't sound good with our first name choices. Thanks for the feedback!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Thanks for all the votes. I'm feeling so much better about Louisa and really happy that most people chose it over the others.

Yes, I was going to say, I liked Louisa the best with all three options!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

My top is Felicity Louisa, followed by Violet Louisa... so ya, lovin' Louisa...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina