Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tiberius and Augustus?

My husband has degrees in Latin and Classics (although his career is in something else entirely) so he's all over ancient Roman names.

We are TTC #2 at the moment and if our next baby is a boy he is plumping for Augustus or Tiberius in the middle spot. Currently we love Pascoe as a first. I think I prefer August, Augusten/Augustin or Augustine but DH is pretty set on Augustus or nothing. I *almost* like it, but I need to get past the Augustus Gloop association. I do like Tiberius but I'm not sure about Pascoe Tiberius together.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by milasmama; June 15th, 2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: missed word
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

Oooo... I love both of these names! I'd be thrilled to see Tiberius used. It's one of my GP names that I think really spices up the middle name space. Augustus is also great, but feels much more mainstream and a bit less spectacular to me. I also love Tiber as a nn... Pascoe goes better with Tiberius than Augustus, imho. What do you think about Pascal? Pascal Augustus is pretty spectacular. Love your name choices!
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

There's a tv series where I am from which has an unsavoury female character Pascale - I don't watch the series but its popularity has ruined the name Pascal unfortunately. DH has also now suggested Aurelius, which I also like. I guess he likes names that end in -us!

Pascoe Augustus
    Pascoe Tiberius
    Pascoe Aurelius

Hmm.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

I love both. I think I like Augustus better as a first name, cause who couldn't resist a little Auggie or Gus. I have been crushing on Tiberius lately...but I feel its more appropriate in a middle spot.

James Tiberius Kirk.. Can't get that out of my mind if you go with mn Tiberius. Seems as overblown as Kirk himself. Sorry.