Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts on this name!

Hi!

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the name Nevy?
    I heard it at my boyfriends family reunion and I never heard it before but surprisingly I like it. I am not expecting, but curious as to what other people thought of this name!

Also, I think it would be a cute name to be called with a short middle name such as Nevy Rae or Nevy Mae.. what are your thoughts?!

I would think of it more as a nickname, maybe for Genevieve. Or a cute pet name for Neva or Neve.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby

I have heard it as shortened form of the word nephew. I have heard people or read in books people crooning to the baby "Ah look at my cute little Nevy. Isn't he sweet?" I have never heard of it used as a name.

Now that I think about it, it is probably a shortened form of Nevaeh, which is Heaven spelled backwards. There are mixed views of this name.

Neither of these are my taste.

Good Luck!

I agree with pp that it sounds like a nickname for Genevieve or Neaveh or something else.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas