Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too similar?

I absolutely love both names and don't think you need be concerned about the issues you brought up. Lyla and Leah are different enough that if your husband yells out for one of you, you will more often than not be able to tell which one! And Tessa Bea is such a cute little like name.. While I love the name Tessa Beatrice, I have such a sweet spot for Margaret.. so if you were unsure about the middle name you could always throw Tessa Margaret into the mix?

I also like the suggetion of Tessa Margaret. You could call her Tessa Mae, which I think is even cuter than Tessa Bea.

As for Lyla/Leah, I have to admit, I do think it's rather close, but possibly okay. Right on the borderline for me.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I think Lyla is much too close. I must say that I prefer Beatrice as her first name (such a wonderful name... makes me think of "Much Ado About Nothing"), esp. for Bea... But Tessa Beatrice is nice, too...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I don't think Leah and Lyla are too close, but I do prefer Tessa Beatrice. Gorgeous!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996