Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I love my daughter's name, particularly her full name. (If only we used middle names more...) I wonder sometimes if I should have gone with another option. I was strongly considering Louisa nn Lulu, and sometimes I feel like her personality is a little more Lulu than it is Bea.

At least if the Kim Kardashian baby ends up being a Bea name, I have an option for the legal name change that I would definitely carry out.
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

@mcdonak - Would you consider changing Beatrix's name to Louisa? I think Beatrix is adorable! Louisa is lovely, too. Can I ask what her middle name is?
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie413 View Post
    I also am even more in love with Rowan's name now than I was then. I can't believe I almost let someone ruin it for me while I was pregnant. And giving her the mn Josephine was a last minute decision but came so naturally since both my SO and my grandfathers were named Joseph. I am admittedly less in love with my new baby's name. I never felt like I could top Rowan Josephine. But I dont think i'll regret it later in life since it goes so nicely with Rowan and the meaning behind the name is personal. And now that she's here I see that it suits her to a 'T' (no pun intended).
    I think if I just picked names influenced by trend then I might regret it down the line. I think naming another human is a big honor and shouldn't be taken lightly. I will always have a love for names. And a part of me is a bit sad that this may be it, but who knows, maybe i'll be asked for advice one day and there will be a little Freya, Clover, Guinevere, Huxley, Lennon, Declan or Acacia running around in my life.
    Congrats! I must have missed your announcement. Are you pronouncing Teagan TAY-gan or TEE-gan?

It is really hard to follow Rowan, I'm actually pretty nervous about it. What if I never love another name as much as I do Rowan?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I have 5 and the only one I sometimes I have regrets about is Katharine. We were going to call her Kate but it became Katie which I tired of after a couple of years. I successfully transitioned her to her full name but I do feel that her name's a bit more regal than our taste really is. Maybe someday she'll want to go by Kate but for now she is certainly a Katharine. It fits her to a tee.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas

Yes, I still love my daughter's name. Well, she is only a month but I have already hammy second thoughts about her middle name. I never had trouble with her first name, it has been my favorite for years, I was just not sure if I am brave enough to use it but I was so now we get tons of compliments, yay! On the other hand, I doubted her middle name really hard. We picked Nelly's full name literally in the hospital and I was completely mad with going home outfit, feeding and all newborn stuff so I didn't have time to overthink names.
    Actually, after I got a lot of support from ladies here, I made sure I have done my best so I don't regret her name. I do love some other names now though I don't compare them but add to my list for future kids.
    I asked my mom too and she says she never wishes I had other name. She is not a nerd and I do have #1 name in popularity among my peers but she still loves it and thinks it's only mine. Not really mine but that's another story.