Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Rosalin or Roseline Artemisia Lux are both wonderful. I actually stumbled across this name recently in my search for Persian names. I think you are right, though, that despite its strength and beauty, it's just better as a mn. Interesting, though, that the naval commander, Artemisia of Caria's actual name was Anahita. It was simply Romanized (or Hellenized (?) into Artemisia... so it's kinda funny to use the name that their enemy gave them as a way to tie your daughter to their legacy. I mean, Artemis I of Caria directly confronted the Greeks in a naval battle at Salamis. I'd also highly recommend her original name, Anahita (the root name of Anais), especially if you have any interest in mythology, Zoroastrianism, or the Near East. However, I think Anahita would also be better as a mn due to the 'hit' (heet)...
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; June 14th, 2013 at 06:21 AM.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Yea I already knew that - but I don't like Anahita. I'm my native language it sounds like a very odd way of saying Anita :P

I love Artemisia, and I think Rosalin Artemisia Lux sounds great.

Here's another vote for a different spelling, though. I barely pronounce the D on Rosalind anyway, and I like the way that looks better. I could also see Rosaline being pronounced Rosalin.

What is your native language, by the way?

I'm Scandinavian :P My language is very heavily influenced by accent and I gotta admit my accent is very much "farmer" accent :P

Artemisia is gorgeous and very unexpected in the middle!