Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Artemisia is pronounced "ar-tuh-MEE-zhuh." Or anyway that's how my horticulturist mother pronounces it.
    Artemisia/wormwood is a great plant. Good for making malaria drugs and absinthe, and repelling moths... It's beautiful to look at and touch and smell - silvery velvet clouds of foliage. My mother's garden is always full of it, even in the wintertime, because it's so hardy.
    I think it's a great name, especially with the Artemis association. Rosalin and Artemisia together is botanical name overload to me.
    From your names, I might combine it with snow, because I love the image of mounds of dove-grey artemisia dusted with snow.

Beatrix Artemisia Snow
    Artemisia Ophelia Snow
    Artemisia Ophélie Snow

tiggerian, when I scrolled over your post on the forum page I was like "what name? Artemisia?"... what a surprise when I opened it!

Artemisia is gorgeous! (Artemis is too, not sure which I prefer) Though I would pronounce it ar-teh-meezh-ah. I don't know of any of the references you're mentioning, but they seem like wonderful women. I also like your personal connection of having lived in Greece. Rosalin Artemisia Lux is a beautiful combination and I would be over the moon if I met someone named that.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Victoria, Diana, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy... don't love many boys' names!

Lovely name!

I think its beautiful. Keep in mind that I'm Greek and I know a girl named Artemisia. I have loved this name for a long time too. And the combo is beautiful. Lux is so spunky. Rosalin isn't my favorite, but its beautiful and so underused. If you really love it than use it.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Augustus, Jude, Gregory, Tobias, Leo, Samuel, James, Jason, & Orion

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne, Eleanor & Benjamin, Nico, Giedon

Have a fabulous day!

I like it, but I vastly prefer Artemis. It's based solely on personal tastes though, as I generally dislike elaborate -a ending girls names.

I read a book years ago and the main character was called Artemisia, I think it was about the painter? I can't remember now, but I do remember the character was a strong figure.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.